Preacher's Guide To Finding Clay Pipes.

Rusticated

Not to hijack the thread but sticking to the subject of clay pipes...I've never owned or smoked one. Advantages? Disadvantages? I think i've always avoided them because I figured they'd be fragile and smoke hot. Wrong?
Wooda
Founding Member

Rusticated wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:49 pm Not to hijack the thread but sticking to the subject of clay pipes...I've never owned or smoked one. Advantages? Disadvantages? I think i've always avoided them because I figured they'd be fragile and smoke hot. Wrong?
Learn to smoke any blend in a clay, and you can smoke anything in any pipe.

Clean taste, instant feedback on smoking technique.

Can't really clench them.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Rusticated wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:49 pm Not to hijack the thread but sticking to the subject of clay pipes...I've never owned or smoked one. Advantages? Disadvantages? I think i've always avoided them because I figured they'd be fragile and smoke hot. Wrong?

I wasn't sure how they'd be, I always liked the way they looked so when I found one on ebay that I liked... I sprung for it! Glad I did 'cause they smoke great!
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

rekamepip wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:18 pm Thanks for sharing

I haven't found any pipes or part of pipes around here in missouri but have run across cool finds in creek beds
lots of rocks, minerals, fossils and some ... (p)artifacts

keep your eye out for other items as well
don't narrow down your field of view in hopes to find just certain things

Good Luck !

I've found all sorts of amazing things on the river and elsewhere. I'm always on the lookout for cool stuff! The first clay pipe piece I found was actually found when I was out looking for old bottles.
Rusticated

Preacher1611 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:43 am

I wasn't sure how they'd be, I always liked the way they looked so when I found one on ebay that I liked... I sprung for it! Glad I did 'cause they smoke great!
Great...just what I need, another ironclad reason why I have to buy another pipe I don't have :roll: :lol:
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I went out on Saturday and found some stuff, even though it's not perfect I like the way this video came out:

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

So... here we are in 2019! I have gotten a new waterproof camera for messin' around with in the outdoors. Go pro type but waaaaaaaay less money! I've already found six clay pipe pieces so far this year! I'll post some pics of those hopefully soon. One of them would've been real cool to have found as a whole bowl, it has two horses back to back on the rear portion of the bowl. You guys have to see that one! Anyway, I thought I'd post a couple of pics of my displays, the pieces are in order of how I found them starting on the left going down.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

So I found a few stems on Saturday and thought I'd share!

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

So the water has been kind of high this year and I haven't found too many pieces of pipes thus far. I have found some nice ones and haven't had much luck with videos this year. They haven't come out or I didn't find anything worth filming. I have found some other stuff that's pretty cool, an old molasses jug and a wooden beer cask are my two best finds this year. Anyway, I found a couple clay pipe pieces yesterday morning before church and did take a phone video, check it out: