Getting Ready!

Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:25 am
Ronv69 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:19 pm
Wildcat wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:07 am Spring has sprung and so have fuel prices! Getting Dottie ready for the commute. 70 plus MPG.

Anyone else dusting off their ride? You warmer climate fellas don't have to I guess, being able to ride all year.

Sweet ride. I've had a couple of dozen bikes. A 250 Kawasaki was the most fun. The current Goldwing trike covers the most ground if I ever get a chance to ride it.
I just had an older gent and his blind wife visit us. They road a Harley trike from Alabama. He is learning Egyptian heiroglyphics, so they came here for a private showing of the traveling Nefertari exhibit that is at the art museum at the end of my street.

I meet all sorts of interesting people.
They sound like the perfect guest for La'Belle Esplanade!
God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:25 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:19 pm

Sweet ride. I've had a couple of dozen bikes. A 250 Kawasaki was the most fun. The current Goldwing trike covers the most ground if I ever get a chance to ride it.
I just had an older gent and his blind wife visit us. They road a Harley trike from Alabama. He is learning Egyptian heiroglyphics, so they came here for a private showing of the traveling Nefertari exhibit that is at the art museum at the end of my street.

Our target demographic. :king:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Took the trike out for the first time this season today. I had to make 3 trips into Atlanta (TX) today so I thought I would save some gas. Beautiful day for it. 75 degrees, 20% humidity and not a cloud in the sky.
God and Texas!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:06 pm

Good Lord willing, one day Mrs Cat and I will pay a visit. We want to take the Mid City lunch tour. Can I Radar O'Riley my bike to your attention at La'Belle Esplanade?
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:08 am
Citizen B wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:06 pm

Good Lord willing, one day Mrs Cat and I will pay a visit. We want to take the Mid City lunch tour. Can I Radar O'Riley my bike to your attention at La'Belle Esplanade?
Be careful what you wish for.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Jlando19

Lucy is all polished up and ready to go. For a motorcycle she gets pretty crap mpg, but it's s hot rod for crying out loud. I don't know how to go slow.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Jlando19 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:28 pm Lucy is all polished up and ready to go. For a motorcycle she gets pretty crap mpg, but it's s hot rod for crying out loud. I don't know how to go slow.
Do your mirror arms whistle when you ride?
The Troll Whisperer
Jlando19

Tsal wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:53 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:28 pm Lucy is all polished up and ready to go. For a motorcycle she gets pretty crap mpg, but it's s hot rod for crying out loud. I don't know how to go slow.
I wish they did. Haha. No but my fairing had developed a little rattle at about 2800 rpm that drives me nuts. I think I've found the source though.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Jlando19 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am
I wish they did. Haha. No but my fairing had developed a little rattle at about 2800 rpm that drives me nuts. I think I've found the source though.
I put cut out levers on my motorcycle and took them off an hour later because of the whistling. So annoying.
The Troll Whisperer
Jlando19

Tsal wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:23 am
Jlando19 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am

I put cut out levers on my motorcycle and took them off an hour later because of the whistling. So annoying.
I guess I'm lucky they don't then. Everything about this bike is loud though, it's only quiet at idle. Which is pretty uncharacteristic for a Harley. I have plans to put a more aggressive camshaft in it once I'm out of school and it'll have that classic Harley lull in the timing that gives it that sound at idle.