What aids your pipe enjoyment?

Legion

Absolutely agree WK.
More than once I've had to explain to a girl why I find them attractive "when I know I'm not". My attitude has always been 'Love the one you're with'. The sexiest girl alive is the girl I'm with.

Beauty comes from within. There's an old saying that was probably more obvious when life was a lot tougher but it still applies to this day; 'By the time one is forty, one has the face that one deserves.'. We've all seen this to some degree, I'm sure.

I've run into girls who were quite plain in high school, who got better looking the older they got. Every girl I've known where this applies were real sweethearts.
Then there were drop dead gorgeous girls at high school, who took a real turn for the worse as they aged. These were the mean unpleasant girls.

This is the way conversations go. Although I suspect that we are very different people, it would seem that we both like a chat (And I'm the worst at digressing to the point where I eventually say 'Now what was I talking about? lol)
Let's trust that @LtPiper understands .
Legion

LtPiper wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:49 pm Whalehead King and I have something in common - I am an innkeeper too. Around here the community calls it a prison. I have several things that I do. I am a lieutenant and supervise the security side of things and am also a hostage negotiator. My job is very unpleasant and over the years I have tangled with more types than I care to think about - gang bangers, murderers, dealers, extortionists, pedophiles, etc. It has been my experience that people generally view guys like me as uniformed knuckle draggers - but that's perception - earned or not. I am educated, artistic, and try to be compassionate to people because I know that life is not prejudice about doling out hurts to people who are just trying to grope through it. Because of my vocation I have come to enjoy cultivating good things in my life. The things I indulge in help remind me that life doesn't have to be ugly. That's one of the reason's I love pipes - and what pipes bring to all the other things I like - and what all the other things bring to my pipes.
It takes a very special person to be able to do that job fairly without it changing who you are. Respect.

Visiting a mate in Long Bay jail, who was in maximum security many years ago, I could feel the tension & suppressed anger that felt as if it was so thick that one could cut it with a knife.
Several years ago I was refused a counselors certification because I point blank refused to agree to treat a pedophile client the same as anyone else. Although I agree that everyone deserves to be treated with respect & a degree of fairness, I'm unable to agree to do this regarding pedophiles due to strong feelings on the issue. (One would think that the system would be pleased at my honesty. I'm really suited at helping victims rather than unrepentant perpetrators)

And to be perfectly honest, it'd be extremely difficult for me to respect people who fling their excrement like primates.
What makes prison personnel's jobs even harder than it already is, is that many prisoners these days would be in secure mental institutions in the past when the world made more sense.

In your position I'd be filling myself with the Light of All That Is & ask for guidance & protection before each shift.
May you stay safe.
LtPiper

Legion wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:41 pm
LtPiper wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:49 pm Whalehead King and I have something in common - I am an innkeeper too. Around here the community calls it a prison. I have several things that I do. I am a lieutenant and supervise the security side of things and am also a hostage negotiator. My job is very unpleasant and over the years I have tangled with more types than I care to think about - gang bangers, murderers, dealers, extortionists, pedophiles, etc. It has been my experience that people generally view guys like me as uniformed knuckle draggers - but that's perception - earned or not. I am educated, artistic, and try to be compassionate to people because I know that life is not prejudice about doling out hurts to people who are just trying to grope through it. Because of my vocation I have come to enjoy cultivating good things in my life. The things I indulge in help remind me that life doesn't have to be ugly. That's one of the reason's I love pipes - and what pipes bring to all the other things I like - and what all the other things bring to my pipes.
It takes a very special person to be able to do that job fairly without it changing who you are. Respect.

Visiting a mate in Long Bay jail, who was in maximum security many years ago, I could feel the tension & suppressed anger that felt as if it was so thick that one could cut it with a knife.
Several years ago I was refused a counselors certification because I point blank refused to agree to treat a pedophile client the same as anyone else. Although I agree that everyone deserves to be treated with respect & a degree of fairness, I'm unable to agree to do this regarding pedophiles due to strong feelings on the issue. (One would think that the system would be pleased at my honesty. I'm really suited at helping victims rather than unrepentant perpetrators)

And to be perfectly honest, it'd be extremely difficult for me to respect people who fling their excrement like primates.
What makes prison personnel's jobs even harder than it already is, is that many prisoners these days would be in secure mental institutions in the past when the world made more sense.

In your position I'd be filling myself with the Light of All That Is & ask for guidance & protection before each shift.
May you stay safe.
Thank you for the kind words. There are precious few who truly understand unless they have walked in the boots, so to speak. I've been in the "business" for years and can honetly say I have never met a pedophile that was or has been reformed. I've met murderers that have shown remorse (and others) - but never a pedophile - and that's not an exageration. I'm not saying it could never happen - I'm saying in umpteen years I've never met one. One of my officers had a cup of urine thrown on him today. I wish the public could see how their hard earned dollars are spent. None of my officers look for a fight - they have a job to do - care, custody, and control - they want to do their jobs and go home. We now live in a society that protects the guilty and punishes the innocent. Enough of this talk though - PSF is supposed to be a happy place and I like leaving work at work.
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
Legion

LtPiper wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:50 pm
Legion wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:41 pm

May you stay safe.
Thank you for the kind words. There are precious few who truly understand unless they have walked in the boots, so to speak. I've been in the "business" for years and can honetly say I have never met a pedophile that was or has been reformed. I've met murderers that have shown remorse (and others) - but never a pedophile - and that's not an exageration. I'm not saying it could never happen - I'm saying in umpteen years I've never met one. One of my officers had a cup of urine thrown on him today. I wish the public could see how their hard earned dollars are spent. None of my officers look for a fight - they have a job to do - care, custody, and control - they want to do their jobs and go home. We now live in a society that protects the guilty and punishes the innocent. Enough of this talk though - PSF is supposed to be a happy place and I like leaving work at work.
No worries mate, I can appreciate that. Thanks for sharing (And yes, that's exactly why I refuse to help them)
Mongo

I smoke outside only, so... the weather has to be nice enough for a sweaty Swede to sit outside. Almost always, I have tunes going thru one of my favorite Pandora stations. I'll have a beverage most of the times too... often ice-water, sometimes a beer or coffee depending on the time of day.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I can think of no better thing than to hike myself back into the Adirondacks, disappear off the trail into the nowhere, and just sit listening the voices of the trees. Yeah, the trees, that's the way to smoke a pipe in pure enjoyment, bliss, joy, happiness, peace... all those things rolled into one indescribable feeling.
whitebriar

most of my smoking is done on my balcony; later in the evening--sometimes EARLY in the morning--i'm retired and finally, time of day isn't all that important to me these days--

when i smoke my pipe i am usually just almost motionless, sitting and thinking as i smoke--thoughts vary from a 'wasted youth' to theology, and a lot of other stuff in between--( i never think about the women i have known and lost--i got one now that has wiped that slate clean<<grin>>)-it is a calming and peaceful time of day--i really look forward to it--sometimes i may sneak in a wee dram of Evan Williams, altho those times are infrequent these days--

i most definitely have no educated palate, so i just sit back, enjoy the flavor of the weed and consider it a really great success when all burns well and i have to relight very infrequently--my review of tobaccos is almost always like this; i like it OR i don't like it--my basic criteria is that it be Burley forward, deep flavor and just taste like tobacco--
The Pistoleer

I enjoy playing cribbage on the PC while smoking my pipe and sipping rye.
vwdeano

I typically smoke after I mow... As odd as it sounds, there is something about mowing that attracts the deer, and they usually come out of the woods that adjoin my current backyard afterward. I smoke my pipe, and we watch each other. Occasionally I talk to them, but they aren't much for conversation.

Something peaceful about a quiet smoke watching the wildlife...
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.
Hitzy

Quiet, alone, in the garage with either juice or hot chocolate depending on the tobacco is my preference.
Out for a quick haul when I'm stressed at work relieves the stress, but it's more a necessity then an enjoyable moment.