You can't go back.

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I call places like that , joints . Theres still joints out there . There will always be . The anti smoking laws really hurt them for me but some are tolerable and better
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ncrobb
Founding Member

A “Joint” is a bad place to be according to the Hag. My favorite local joint was the Corner Pub. Right front tooth is porcelain now as a result of a flying beer bottle.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Theres a joint in Copperhill , Tn . Ive not been into it because of three reasons ... there used to a a joint named Dinos downtown around the block . I liked Dinos . Dino was an old American Italian that moved here way way back and was a tough sob and his place was the joint for the copper miners back in the day . It was nice and mello the times I spend there . Just some guys shootig the shit . I like Dinos , so thats my first reason .
The second reason was Pats . Pats was a joint that I super enjoyed hanging out at . Id play guitar in there .. mostly Dylan type stuff cause the owner [ Pat and Patricia ] really liked Dylan . The 3rd reason Ive not gone into the other joint is that I cant see in it . Its few windows are high up and from what I can tell theres one way in and out , though there must be a rear exit . I dont go into places I cant see into or if there isnt an alternate way out . Where I think a rear exit should be , theres a drive up package order window . Pats and Dinos are gone as they were on mainstreet and mainstreet is now bougie shops etc

Theres a number of Micro Brew bullshit places full of tourists .. Buck Bald Brewing , Cooperhill Brewing , Grumpy Old Men brewing , Fannin Brewing , Angry Hops brewing .. those are the places that make their own stuff and then theres other places that just sell stuff . I dont go to either type place
because there isnt a sense of community , or if there is , its a false sense . Ive tried it but they are a drag

Pats and Dinos were neighborhood joints

I may have to go into this joint [ I dont even know the name of it because I dont know it it even has a sign anywhere ] , if for any reason ... this thread :thumbs: .... and because its the last joint that exists in the area . Watch Ive missed out on the best place for 100 square miles .. ya never know
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:45 am Theres a joint in Copperhill , Tn . Ive not been into it because of three reasons ... there used to a a joint named Dinos downtown around the block . I liked Dinos . Dino was an old American Italian that moved here way way back and was a tough sob and his place was the joint for the copper miners back in the day . It was nice and mello the times I spend there . Just some guys shooting the shit . I liked Dinos , so thats my first reason .
The second reason was Pats . Pats was a joint that I super enjoyed hanging out at . Id play guitar in there .. mostly Dylan type stuff cause the owner [ Pat and Patricia ] really liked Dylan . The 3rd reason Ive not gone into the other joint is that I cant see in it . Its few windows are high up and from what I can tell theres one way in and out , though there must be a rear exit . I dont go into places I cant see into or if there isnt an alternate way out . Where I think a rear exit should be , theres a drive up package order window . Pats and Dinos are gone as they were on mainstreet and mainstreet is now bougie shops etc

Theres a number of Micro Brew bullshit places full of tourists .. Buck Bald Brewing , Cooperhill Brewing , Grumpy Old Men brewing , Fannin Brewing , Angry Hops brewing .. those are the places that make their own stuff and then theres other places that just sell stuff . I dont go to either type place because there isnt a sense of community , or if there is , its a false sense . Ive tried it but they are a drag

Pats and Dinos were neighborhood joints

I may have to go into this joint [ I dont even know the name of it because I dont know it it even has a sign anywhere ] , if for any reason ... this thread :thumbs: .... and because its the last joint that exists in the area . Watch Ive missed out on the best place for 100 square miles .. ya never know
Great post John. Seriously, a lot going on in it. Both personal and societal history and thoughtful commentary on the present. Good read. Thanks.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom