Coffee

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Rusticated wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:30 pm PS- Starsucks is not coffee.
I dunno...a venti Americano with an extra shot comes pretty close! :D
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I'm a k-cup guy at home and buy all my coffees from community. I absolutely don't have the patience / ability to function and make a fancy cup of coffee in the morning (read I'm not a pleasant person when I wake up)
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Rusticated

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:52 pm
Rusticated wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:30 pm PS- Starsucks is not coffee.
I dunno...a venti Americano with an extra shot comes pretty close! :D
Hahahaha, maybe it's just my taste buds. To me no matter what roast you call it, it still only comes in burnt, medium burnt, and mostly burnt. But I guess like tobaccos, we each have our own preferences...viva la venti Americano with an extra shot!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:36 pm I'm a k-cup guy at home and buy all my coffees from community. I absolutely don't have the patience / ability to function and make a fancy cup of coffee in the morning (read I'm not a pleasant person when I wake up)
When we were in Louisiana, I acquired a taste for Community coffee. Recently my wife and I were wondering if you could find it online, and I discovered you can order it through Walmart and pick it up at the store with no shipping.

There are no K cups here though, I use a Presto perk pot which I am sure makes all the coffee connoisseurs start twitching. The perk pot is one of those things like a threaded-tenon Grabow that just works so well for me I can hardly believe it is not wildly popular.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:52 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:36 pm I'm a k-cup guy at home and buy all my coffees from community. I absolutely don't have the patience / ability to function and make a fancy cup of coffee in the morning (read I'm not a pleasant person when I wake up)
When we were in Louisiana, I acquired a taste for Community coffee. Recently my wife and I were wondering if you could find it online, and I discovered you can order it through Walmart and pick it up at the store with no shipping.

There are no K cups here though, I use a Presto perk pot which I am sure makes all the coffee connoisseurs start twitching. The perk pot is one of those things like a threaded-tenon Grabow that just works so well for me I can hardly believe it is not wildly popular.
I think target may also do drop shipping for them and it will come right to your door. I happen to follow them on Instagram and they tend to post sale stuff very often, a percentage off plus free shipping over x amount, so I usually order direct
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:52 am

Nothing wrong with perk'd coffee. For years I either used one of those cheap plastic pour over filters that cost $2, or I made the coffee cowboy style in a saucepan on the stove. My wife used to scoff at the thought of having her coffee made in such a primitive way, but then she tasted it and realized that it was just better. I still prefer my coffee that way, and come to find out that pour-over coffee is now a trendy hipster practice, and I guess they renamed cowboy coffee to "full immersion brewing".. At some point a random blogger will post that perk pots make a superior cup, and then you'll see them everywhere.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Wooda
Founding Member

Costco Columbian.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Rusticated

I don't know how widespread Trader Joe's are but they carry a great French Roast and Colombian.
Rusticated

"I use a Presto perk pot which I am sure makes all the coffee connoisseurs start twitching."

I never stopped using the good ol perk pot. I grew up with it, loving the smell permeating the house throughout the day. Also used it in my hunting/fishing camps all day long. The only other method I use is the press; it seems to bring out the flavor fullness of each particular roast...perk being the next best IMHO.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

I do my best to support local roasteries.
ever forward