Anybody want to try a Zippo Pipe Lighter?

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I was digging through the "box of pipe randomness", and I found this basically new Zippo. I bought this a while back, but old habits die hard and I eventually decided I am happy with good ol' matches. I thought about hacking the top of the insert off and turning it into a match safe, but I just couldn't bring myself to do that to a brand new Zippo.
So anyone who'd like to give it a go, let me know and it's yours. I will even pay shipping :)

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

I will take it.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

very cool
ever forward
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

mrpipster wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:50 pm I will take it.
PM me your address and I will get it out to ya!
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I like mine. I hope [mention]mrpipster[/mention] is as happy with it as I have been.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

houtenziel wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:29 pm I was digging through the "box of pipe randomness", and I found this basically new Zippo. I bought this a while back, but old habits die hard and I eventually decided I am happy with good ol' matches. I thought about hacking the top of the insert off and turning it into a match safe, but I just couldn't bring myself to do that to a brand new Zippo.
So anyone who'd like to give it a go, let me know and it's yours. I will even pay shipping :)

Zippos are too reliable and don't need enough maintenance to keep them working well. That's not how I roll. I like an over-engineered fancy-schmantz special fuel lighter that requires careful calibration to get the thing to light. Plus the Zippo is wind-proof----I hate that. I hate a lighter that stays lit in any weather conditions.

Someone else can take advantage of your "generosity." Me? I'll take a Porsche Design PD3 Silver Pearl Circular Flame Lighter. It's a real steal at a sale price of $161.50! I like a lighter with a lot of bells and whistles that works for about a week before I get fed up with it. Zippo? Schmippo!

In all seriousness, you just offered a good deed and a good deal all in one gesture. Nice work, Houtzie. You're going to make someone very happy. Cheers!

What are the specs on that Porsche PD3 Silver Pearl again? Let our spokesmodel tell you:

Psssst: ;) The Zippo is better.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:55 pm
What are the specs on that Porsche PD3 Silver Pearl again? Let our spokesmodel tell you:

Psssst: ;) The Zippo is better.
Maybe I am weird, but I prefer a soft flame for toasting/lighting a cigar and usually use a Djeep or Bic. I can sort of appreciate the engineering behind crazy lighters like that though. If I am gonna buy a weird lighter, I would probably buy a Beattie Jet.
― Theodore Roosevelt