Serial Cereal addiction

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I love cereal. Theres Raisan Bran and Boo Berry in my pantry right now. I thought the Raisan bran was crunch but it was not. I’ll mention some great ones which haven’t been mentioned yet:

Cookie Krisp
Oreo brand cereal
Smorez
Malt-O-Meal makes great copies, sometimes better. Thats usually what I buy.

Love me some Oatmeal, the dinosaur eggs are a sleeper if they still exist. Cream of Wheat is excellent. I prefer Farina brand, if you can find it.

Maypo is something i’ve had a few times and I would kill for it again. I can’t find that anywhere either.

Trader Joes Grits are the best i’ve ever had. Don’t know if that qualifies as cereal. We would buy about 10 bags at a time.

Heres an awesome video if you haven’t seen it. We all want to be this guy:

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Grits are a sort-of cereal, aren't they? Oh! What about corn-meal mush? My mother used to feed me that, too. I preferred it hot, but sometimes I'd have to eat it cold with milk poured over it...kind of like Cream of Wheat, only made with corn meal.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ncrobb wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:11 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:10 pm The other day I saw that Dunkin Donuts has a cereal ... donut cereal ... I dont know . Ill probably try it
The box we had was “coffee” flavored and actually pretty good.
Oh heck ... it was coffee flavored !!!! Ok , that sound awesome !! Damn it , Im not going to the food store for a couple days yet
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:14 pm I love cereal. Theres Raisan Bran and Boo Berry in my pantry right now. I thought the Raisan bran was crunch but it was not. I’ll mention some great ones which haven’t been mentioned yet:

Cookie Krisp
Oreo brand cereal
Smorez
Malt-O-Meal makes great copies, sometimes better. Thats usually what I buy.

Love me some Oatmeal, the dinosaur eggs are a sleeper if they still exist. Cream of Wheat is excellent. I prefer Farina brand, if you can find it.

Maypo is something i’ve had a few times and I would kill for it again. I can’t find that anywhere either.

Trader Joes Grits are the best i’ve ever had. Don’t know if that qualifies as cereal. We would buy about 10 bags at a time.

Heres an awesome video if you haven’t seen it. We all want to be this guy:

I appreciate ths guy :thumbs:
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:38 am
Tsal wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:13 pm I like and still eat Grape-Nuts.
Same. A bowl makes my jaw feel like I ate 2lb of tough beef jerky but I love them
I am also a Grape Nuts fan.

They offer the added bonus that you can't hear people talking while you chew.
ever forward
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

arturo7 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:53 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:38 am
Tsal wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:13 pm I like and still eat Grape-Nuts.
Same. A bowl makes my jaw feel like I ate 2lb of tough beef jerky but I love them
I am also a Grape Nuts fan.

They offer the added bonus that you can't hear people talking while you chew.
Right? I'm basically deaf in my left ear so it's a double bonus on the drown out for me
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Im going to walmart tonight . Its gonna be a cereal bomb trip because Im completely out of cereal ... I got two other guys at the house and they kill the stuff as well

Im gonna look for Boo Berry but I dont recall seeing it in a long time ... like 45 years

@Piping Abe .. MaltOmeal kicks ass ... they add double the flavor / aroma
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Cinnamon Toast Crunch on vanilla ice cream is wonderful ! It is like a piece of sugar cone in every bite
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:32 pm Im going to walmart tonight . Its gonna be a cereal bomb trip because Im completely out of cereal ... I got two other guys at the house and they kill the stuff as well

Im gonna look for Boo Berry but I dont recall seeing it in a long time ... like 45 years

@Piping Abe .. MaltOmeal kicks ass ... they add double the flavor / aroma
This is normally the time of year when they bring back boo berry / count chocula / etc
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I had gumbo at a lakefront diner for breakfast today. Does gumbo count as cereal? It was delicious but too many shrimp in it for me this morning.

I had it with rice, not milk. I ate all the rice.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.