Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:05 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:05 pm

You've turned out okay.
Some people may say that's debatable :lol:
Dr. Teeth & the electric mayhem is one of the finest musical groups of all time
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

houtenziel wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:57 pm I emailed Debbie and asked if it would be ok to post the Ajustomatic flyer to the forum. If she gives me the thumbs up, I will post it.
Debbie will be all over that.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Alright, I still haven't received a response. I will take their silence as permission and post it.

Order form goes to:
1731 U.S. Highway 21 S
P.O. Box 849
Sparta, NC 28675, USA

Here's a link to the PDF:
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnS1uAT3VGn8gRoP_o1sufnDOfSO

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

In Grabow parlance I think med large is 3/4 in on the bore.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Debbie from Dr. G did finally get back to me and gave me the all-clear to post it. Phew.. thought I might have the Grabow Commandos after me if they found out.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

Just to make sure I've got this straight, the stem screws into the bowl and this solves some sort of problem of which I've been previously unaware? Or, perhaps more accurately, some condition that has never bothered me?

I'm not making fun. The male end has a threaded whatchamacallit made of aluminum that screws into a matching female whatchamacallit. Is this what I would call an Army bit?

It can be smoked with or without a filter. Does this mean there is no stinger involved?

I'm not really in the market for a new pipe but, like many others on this forum, I can be persuaded to part with 40 bucks for novelty's sake.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:12 pm Just to make sure I've got this straight, the stem screws into the bowl and this solves some sort of problem of which I've been previously unaware? Or, perhaps more accurately, some condition that has never bothered me?

I'm not making fun. The male end has a threaded whatchamacallit made of aluminum that screws into a matching female whatchamacallit. Is this what I would call an Army bit?

It can be smoked with or without a filter. Does this mean there is no stinger involved?

I'm not really in the market for a new pipe but, like many others on this forum, I can be persuaded to part with 40 bucks for novelty's sake.
Essentially yes, the stems tenon is the male threaded end and the mortise is fitted with an aluminum threaded sleeve that it screws into. There is no stinger involved on the current run of stems, they have a chamber for a 6mm filter. The only problem it solves really, aside from being insanely durable and allowing the stem to be easily aligned in any way you wish (due to the ajustomatic tenon), is that the pipe can be disassembled hot like an army mount or spigot pipe.
Mostly though, I think the main draw is purely nostalgic.
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:12 pm Just to make sure I've got this straight, the stem screws into the bowl and this solves some sort of problem of which I've been previously unaware? Or, perhaps more accurately, some condition that has never bothered me?

Here is a picture. Warning to the OCD - this pipe will not see a pipe cleaner for a few more bowls. By your standards it needed one yesterday.

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:48 pm

Here is a picture. Warning to the OCD - this pipe will not see a pipe cleaner for a few more bowls. By your standards it needed one yesterday.

Yeah, that one is juicy!
The Troll Whisperer