Chips and Dip

Puff nstuff

I never buy it anymore, but there's something really appealing about eating Fritos with that canned bean dip. What's taken it's place for me is hummus and pita chips or those flat pretzel chips.

I rarely eat potato chips with dip, but when I do it's the sour cream mixes that satisfy. Around here they still sell the Laura Scudders branded mix packets, which is weird, because those chips went bye-bye long ago.

Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

+1 on the Fritos and bean dip...but the bean dip is a rare purchase. Dip for me is usually hummus mixed with Scotch Bonnet pepper sauce. I'll also do sour cream mixed with the same, or even mayo mixed with it, too. Fritos, Ruffles, or pita chips all take their place in the rotation.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Puff nstuff wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:37 am I never buy it anymore, but there's something really appealing about eating Fritos with that canned bean dip. What's taken it's place for me is hummus and pita chips or those flat pretzel chips.

I rarely eat potato chips with dip, but when I do it's the sour cream mixes that satisfy. Around here they still sell the Laura Scudders branded mix packets, which is weird, because those chips went bye-bye long ago.

The sour cream mixers are good too. Lipton onion soup mix being one of them.
The Troll Whisperer
Ronv69
Founding Member

The Fritos bean dip is way over priced. I mix Cholula and refried beans and get the same stuff at 1/4 the price.
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I was just going to say that same thing Ron. Bean dip is refried beans with a little extra crap mixed in so that's the route I go.

@Puff nstuff i haven't seen or heard the name Laura Scudders in forever! That's great to see that they are still making products
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Puff nstuff

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:07 pm
@Puff nstuff i haven't seen or heard the name Laura Scudders in forever! That's great to see that they are still making products
Right? Remember their Wampum BBQ corn chips? I loved them as a kid.

Agree about the bean dip. It's a nostalgia thing for me at this point. A can of Fritos bean dip was a real treat for adolescent me.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Puff nstuff wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:50 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:07 pm
Right? Remember their Wampum BBQ corn chips? I loved them as a kid.

Agree about the bean dip. It's a nostalgia thing for me at this point. A can of Fritos bean dip was a real treat for adolescent me.
Yes! As I remember, their chips were always super crisp and had plenty of flavoring on them. Don't think we ever had a different brand growing up
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin