Mastercraft Meerschaum

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:26 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:06 pm If it turns into a "smoke it until it can't be smoked" pipe, it might go through the same phases as the Medico meer.

Is that Bondo I see?

I could find a video specifically geared to the pipe smoker.
It is superglue. Bondo might have worked better. The cracks leak and eventually it will just fall apart. I have been setting it aside for the next meer madness event.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

xrundog wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:29 pm I agree Tom. I can't sell it. I'll likely try and run some tobacco through it just for kicks. This pipe has what I believe is a Revelation ghost. Sure hope I can exorcise it.
You could just embrace the Revelation destiny. Epiphany is pretty good to my way of thinking.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:06 pm If it turns into a "smoke it until it can't be smoked" pipe, it might go through the same phases as the Medico meer.

It's a shame that pipe is destined to fail completely because it's actually kind of cool looking. Has character
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:18 pm

It's a shame that pipe is destined to fail completely because it's actually kind of cool looking. Has character
I was overjoyed to get this pipe. It came in a lot for $8.50 I think. It was unsmoked and had a comfy bit. It was a great smoker. Then the cracks developed...

Old Ted Award - 2017
Legion

xrundog wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:13 pm I was preparing to detail my pipe today when I noticed something amiss. Using a magnifying glass I could see a very fine hairline crack on the bottom of the pipe. Easy to miss, no foul. I contacted the seller for a return and he sent me a nice note apologizing, telling me to keep the pipe, and refunded my $$. Good guy! traco007, recommended!
What a shame. I've been looking for a meerschaum but even the estates are usually expensive.

Recently I bought a brand new German 1930-40s Hunter pipe that was damaged. The seller offered an immediate refund without hesitation & told me to keep the pipe. As the damage is cosmetic it's still usable. :clap: E-bay certainly has it's advantages.