Grabow Lives to See Another Day! Or Several Years...

Rusticated

I wrote somewhere back last month that I got taken by an eBayer who sold me a pipe with repairs that weren't disclosed in the description...the lip chipped out with the first pipe cleaner run thru it. Well, I sent it back to International Pipe and they did a spectacular job of stem replacement with fast turn around time...my hats off to them...old school professionalism for a fair price!

simplepipes
Codger in Training

Great looking Vintage Grabow.

Enjoy!

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
avid

good deal
insufferable filter guy
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Rusticated wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:53 pm I wrote somewhere back last month that I got taken by an eBayer who sold me a pipe with repairs that weren't disclosed in the description...the lip chipped out with the first pipe cleaner run thru it. Well, I sent it back to International Pipe and they did a spectacular job of stem replacement with fast turn around time...my hats off to them...old school professionalism for a fair price!

How much of the stem did International Pipe actually replace? Just wondering if they recreated the whole stem and Dr G spade or simply repaired the original stem. It looks great regardless of how they did it!
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Tsal
Forum Decorum

That's a really nice pipe! 💨
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

It's nice when you have a fast turn around, I on the other hand have been waiting 5 months and counting for a replacement stem on one of my Dunhills. I shall not name names but it's ridiculous.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:51 am It's nice when you have a fast turn around, I on the other hand have been waiting 5 months and counting for a replacement stem on one of my Dunhills. I shall not name names but it's ridiculous.
Wow that's insane. I'd be more than a little upset
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Rusticated

Longshanks wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:52 pm
Rusticated wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:53 pm I wrote somewhere back last month that I got taken by an eBayer who sold me a pipe with repairs that weren't disclosed in the description...the lip chipped out with the first pipe cleaner run thru it. Well, I sent it back to International Pipe and they did a spectacular job of stem replacement with fast turn around time...my hats off to them...old school professionalism for a fair price!

How much of the stem did International Pipe actually replace? Just wondering if they recreated the whole stem and Dr G spade or simply repaired the original stem. It looks great regardless of how they did it!
No repairs, they replaced the complete stem and polished the pipe!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Rusticated wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:05 pm

So awesome they are still tooled to do that sort of work. Also, glad to see you respond.. haven't seen you around in a while. :thumbs:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Rusticated wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:05 pm

Is the stem ebonite or abs?
The Troll Whisperer