Oh hellfire ! ..

rekamepip
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:33 am I very occasionally go on the hunt for an old cleaver since it's one knife I don't have in my kitchen. One day I may even find one
I tend to always look at meat cleavers at antique stores But I not knowledgeable enough to know which ones are worth the hundreds in asking prices or not
But hey if I find a clearly underpriced cleaver or any sharp edged item they follow me home
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

rekamepip wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:56 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:33 am I very occasionally go on the hunt for an old cleaver since it's one knife I don't have in my kitchen. One day I may even find one
I tend to always look at meat cleavers at antique stores But I not knowledgeable enough to know which ones are worth the hundreds in asking prices or not
But hey if I find a clearly underpriced cleaver or any sharp edged item they follow me home
That's my dilemma too. No idea what brands are worth the chase
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Imagine a thread of thrift store/yard sale wants. More eyes on the street. We'd have to text pics/price etc. I imagine not everyone would be cool with that though. I'd be fine with it. Just a thought.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Picked up the large Case Stockman with the CV steel , which imho is superior to their other stuff . The sheepsfoot blade is a tank and my most used of the three . I really love it

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Excellent pocket knife. A classic.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett