New here

Presby John-Dave

Welcome aboard from the Hoosier state! I lived in SoCal, once upon a time.
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Welcome from Alabama! Hope you find a friend or two that enjoys pipes as much as you do!
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
ranchsnake

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:13 am Welcome to PSF friend. How long you been pipe smoking and what are some of your favorite blends?
Pipe smoking for about 8 years (first time I’ve actually thought about that lol). And lately I’ve been into full Virginia flakes and VaPer flakes but still crave Balkan/English cakes. I’ve been smoking a lot of PS luxury navy flake I had cellared for 2 years and SPC plum pudding special reserve lately. :)
ranchsnake

Puff nstuff wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:19 am Welcome to PSF! I'm a fellow Southern Californian.
Kramer's closed some years ago, unfortunately, but their famous blends live on and are available at Smokingpipes.com.

There aren't many pipe-centric shops in SoCal anymore, but one I've heard much about is Tobacco Trader in Los Angeles on Washington. Another cool shop to visit if you ever find yourself in San Diego is Racine & Laramie in Old Town. There are also still at least two Tinder Box shops, one in South Coast Plaza, the other in downtown Palm Springs, that offer pipes and pipe tobaccos.

Cheers!

Yeah Kramers was good. Also there was a Tinderbox off of I think Santa Monica Blvd. in Santa Monica or Culver City that was great but sadly closed for good during the cove.
My girlfriends from San Diego so we go down to visit her mom from time to time (she visits more frequently than I do). I was just at Racine & Laramie a couple months ago. Picked up a pound of their house blend silver dollar coins and of their navy flake for my cellar.
ranchsnake

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:24 am Here is the link to the Los Angeles pipe club Instagram page. They don't post much but that's where they announce any activity
https://instagram.com/losangelespipeclu ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Woah rad! Thanks!