Truck/car pipes

rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Who has a pipe and tobacco stashed in your car or truck? I put one in my truck just to have if I'm out and want a smoke.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I keep three pipes in the car and an ample supply of something - right now it is Epiphany, but I have an open pouch of Amphora Red and a pouch of Half & Half in case the mood strikes. The Silver Duke/Epiphany combo you see will be me in the car.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I drive a truck to pass time so there are always pipes and tobacco on hand.
The Troll Whisperer
ncrobb
Founding Member

90% of my driving is in a company car. They would not appreciate the lingering aroma of Latakia.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

How about this one from Dunhill?

ever forward
Ronv69
Founding Member

I used to keep a nice bent Mr Brog with a wind cap and a pouch of Captain Black Royal in the truck, but I just decided that I wasn't coordinated enough to smoke a pipe and drive. I can't even smoke and walk.
God and Texas!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:15 am I used to keep a nice bent Mr Brog with a wind cap and a pouch of Captain Black Royal in the truck, but I just decided that I wasn't coordinated enough to smoke a pipe and drive. I can't even smoke and walk.
Me too! I've actually knocked pipes out of my mouth on a door jamb! :lol: Drive with a pipe? That would be a very dangerous situation for me. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
colorduke

I keep a MM Pony cob and SWR or PA in all 4 vehicles,because you just never know.
CoreyR
Founding Member

I smoke and drive, when I can drive, but I fill a couple of pipes at home and take them with me. I just don't think it is a good idea to leave either pipes or tobacco in a hot car in the summer time.
Now, for long trips I carry my "pipe bag, " as my wife calls it. It used to be my father's overnight bag and, after his death, I found it makes a great travel bag for pipes and tobacco.
HSigurdsson

I have a MM cob and a really dry pack of Prince Albert in my truck.
I dont smoke a pipe in my truck.
But 99.9% of the time I pack pipes and tobacco if Im going somewhere.
Went to the local brewery the other day, "Southern Tier Brewing" in Lakewood NY.
At LEAST 5 people commented how much they liked the smell of my pipe.
Nobody said anything negative....most people like the smell of a pipe.