A Curious Linkman

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

This pipe came to me in a trade and is a little different. No Linkman's stamp, just Ringmaster over Italian Briar and the shape number, 2391. It looks like a 4491 and I can find no 2391 shape, not sure, but never seen this one in the Ringmaster line. Any information on it would be appreciated. Spent an hour trying to post this at the Grabow site but couldn't, hopefully more of those guys trickle over as that page is virtually inaccessible to me.

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Alex, Ed James had one like that. I'll go over there and see what I can find.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Thanks, Kevin. I can only see one line of text at a time and it won't let me post pictures anymore, it's a little more than bothersome to navigate.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I can't add any info except to say that she sure is purdy.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Well, nothing yet.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Thanks, guys. Kevin, I remember Ed's, it was a 4491, either Deluxe or Supreme, only seen the Hawkbill Billiard in those lines and bearing that number. This being a Ringmaster and shape stamped as 2391 makes it odd in my book, which is why it's here. Would love to figure out any details on it but it's a fine enough example of American factory pipes I'm just thrilled to have it. Hopefully get a chance to give it a once over soon, still busy and have other work ahead of my own.
Whalehead King

A conundrum wrapped in a mystery. A riddle disguised as a straightforward question. A puzzle that should have an easy answer---but doesn't! Many an Agatha Christie novel has the same plot.

Thread of the year? Time will tell.

I'm sitting on the edge of my chair looking forward to what inquiring minds want to know. The only reason I'm responding is because---What?!?!!? This hasn't already been solved yet by our reliable panel of experts?!!!! This is a very curious Linkman. Very curious, indeed. This is the kind of detail that can keep some pipe smokers awake all night. Not me, mind you, but maybe a few of you. I'm in with this mystery until it's solved, though. I love a good mystery.