Smoker's Pride BC/Lane BCA

John

So I am fairly new to smoking pipes and can't seem to tell a difference between Lane Limited BCA and Smoker's Pride Black Cavendish. They are both made by the same company and looking at them side by side, look exactly the same. I think the BCA smells a bit stronger though. Is this a marketing ploy?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

John wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:51 pm So I am fairly new to smoking pipes and can't seem to tell a difference between Lane Limited BCA and Smoker's Pride Black Cavendish. They are both made by the same company and looking at them side by side, look exactly the same. I think the BCA smells a bit stronger though. Is this a marketing ploy?
You're not the first person I've heard / read that says that those 2 blends are the same or incredibly close enough to not really matter. I think BCA is darn good for an occasional smoke on its own or a light pinch to sweeten up another blend. If I was in the market I'd have no issue spending my money on the smokers pride bag
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
John

And it's on sale again. $1, free shipping.
https://www.pipesandcigars.com/mobile/p ... r/2012634/
Bamarick

John wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:16 pm And it's on sale again. $1, free shipping.
How do I get it for $1.00? When I follow your link it shows a price of $9.99.

I don't know about the Cherry and Black Cavendish, but the Vanilla Cavendish is a good smoke! I would expect the others to be just as good.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
John

Bamarick wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:04 pm
John wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:16 pm And it's on sale again. $1, free shipping.
How do I get it for $1.00? When I follow your link it shows a price of $9.99.

I don't know about the Cherry and Black Cavendish, but the Vanilla Cavendish is a good smoke! I would expect the others to be just as good.
Me too. Must have went back to original price today.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Yeah, same here. I received an email that linked me to the $1 + Free shipping 3 flavor special, but I couldn't find the $1 deal by going straight to the site - only the $9.99 combo. Wish I still had that email now. I'd have shared the link, but I didn't think you needed it to find the special.

May be it shows up in the shopping cart for $1 if the system doesn't detect that you already got the $1 deal? It's limited to one per customer.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
John

We'll, the sampler got me to buy 12 oz of their Black Cavendish. It's not a bad smoke.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I enjoy those two and Captain Black Dark . They are all very similar , imho . SPBC is a super super deal !!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.