Things of beauty take time

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I cant recall when this stool stopped being a stool and became something for me to put things on to spay lacquer ? GW Bush was in office . I look at this thing every day and use it every day .. or somebody did when I didnt because I take a hiatus from my usual cabinet job every few years and do something else for a year or two , then I get bored again and come back [ call it work adhd ] .
Anyway , the day I grabbed this to use , 2 of my 3 boys werent born yet , men couldnt get pregnant , I could hunt mountain ridges and valleys for days at end , gas was 99 cents a gallon and I was invincible and probably still am given my success in denial in the time since .
How many coats of lacquer does it take to create this ?

It doesnt matter and I hope to add whatever number of inches to it again . Unless I get bored and do something else , like do womens hair and make up , which I should have been doing for the last 40+ years

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ncrobb
Founding Member

We used rack dollies to hold parts for paint at the truck factory. They would get layer after layer of different colors of paint. One of the painters would knock off some and his wife made really cool earrings out it. They looked like candy.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ncrobb wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:58 pm We used rack dollies to hold parts for paint at the truck factory. They would get layer after layer of different colors of paint. One of the painters would knock off some and his wife made really cool earrings out it. They looked like candy.
Oh , thats very cool :thumbs:

When I ever permanently leave this job , Im taking it with me :D
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Think of how flammable that stool is
ncrobb
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:01 pm Think of how flammable that stool is
Probably better than fatwood.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Awesome stool!
You could fetch big buck on Etsy for that

My paint tables had that overspray texture like that and where we hung our paint stirring drill there was a mound of drips from 30 plus years that looked like an ant hill
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

There's a bucket under a belt sander we use for metal at the old shop that I'll have to get a picture of sometime. Steel dust piles up really odd, almost like a etch-a-sketch bucket. Things a 3 gallon affair so you can imagine the weight when it's full too
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Imagine what your lungs would like without a respirator.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .