Back again/sick of vaping.

ric03

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:38 pm I dont understand vaping . I mean , either smoke or dont is how I see it . Welcome ... Glad youre back :thumbs:
I guess it just seemed like a viable compromise when I realized I could no longer smoke indoors (plus it helped with my paraphernalia acquisition disorder!) I used to absolutely love getting my parcel on a Saturday morning and inhaling new blends fresh from a tin or caressing a beautiful new pipe. I feel no such happiness or love for new liquids or vaping gear.
Sheridan

ric03 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:17 am . There was an online shop located in the channel islands somewhere that did their own blends, though their name eludes me. I do remember loving their version of St Bruno.
Carey’s. They closed up a couple of years ago, I’m afraid to say.
Hello & welcome from Hereford, UK.
ric03

Sheridan wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:16 am
ric03 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:17 am . There was an online shop located in the channel islands somewhere that did their own blends, though their name eludes me. I do remember loving their version of St Bruno.
Carey’s. They closed up a couple of years ago, I’m afraid to say.
Hello & welcome from Hereford, UK.
Yes, that was it. I'm sorry they've shut down, they had some interesting (and very reasonably priced) pipes too. At least Smoke King are still going online, even though the shop itself has shut down.
GatorGirl

Welcome back!! And piping outside is the way to go!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Smoking a pipe was best experienced in an elevator ... just sayin :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ric03

GatorGirl wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:33 pm Welcome back!! And piping outside is the way to go!
Thank you GatorGirl. It tends to rain, here, fairly often, though, so I'll probably need to build a little shelter for myself at some point. (It's somewhat telling, that in my mind's eye I still automatically picture myself planning a project like that with a pipe and a notepad!)
ric03

Well had my first smoke a while ago. I first loaded the cob with 965, and then just sat there for an hour or so savouring the taste without lighting it. I then just had a nice, gentle smoke (only around 10 minutes) and felt so relaxed after. Boy I've missed that blissful feeling so much. It tasted too smoky, FAR too smoky, the first couple of sips, but my taste buds soon got used to it again and started to really savour the beautiful latakia. Simply smelling the cob, now, is enough to relax me more. Can't wait for another go tomorrow.
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Ronv69 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:59 pm The only vaping I've tried is for CBD for aging pains and sleep problems. It always sends me into a coughing fit. And zero pleasure from it.
Try CBD tinctures or gummies instead. They work and are no fuss.
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Ronv69
Founding Member

pipedrum22 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:59 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:59 pm The only vaping I've tried is for CBD for aging pains and sleep problems. It always sends me into a coughing fit. And zero pleasure from it.
Try CBD tinctures or gummies instead. They work and are no fuss.
I have those, but the vape seems to work better if I can do it without a coughing fit.
God and Texas!