Pouches and stuff

ric03

Citizen B wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:16 pm
ric03 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:08 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:09 pm

I only see the Jack Wolfskin brand in Europe, UK included.
I didn't realize that. They seem like a decent brand, I love the bag and also got some walking shoes of theirs and they've lasted well.
My German father-in-law wears their jackets and I see the brand in stores everywhere in Europe. I don't think the brand has penetrated the American market. I live in New Orleans so I don't know how much the brand has invaded more cosmopolitan cities than mine.

New Orleans is a world removed from the rest.
I don't know much about New Orleans, itself (other than Live and Let Die!), but it does look like a very rich and beautiful place. I fell in love with the Deep South after reading Where the Crawdads Sing, and It is certainly up there, along with Washington, MO, and Bluff Creek, CA, on my list of places I'd most like to visit if I ever did travel to the US... Are you allowed to smoke on the Paddlewheeler cruises? (Typical first thing to pop into a pipe smokers head! 😅)
ric03

HSigurdsson wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:28 pm
ric03 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:08 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:09 pm

I only see the Jack Wolfskin brand in Europe, UK included.
I didn't realize that. They seem like a decent brand, I love the bag and also got some walking shoes of theirs and they've lasted well.
I had never heard of Jack Wolfskin until last year on a hunting trip in Montana a friend had a pair of their boots. The boots preformed very good for the harsh environment we were in.....snow, ice, water, negative temps....
The boots were fine after 2 weeks and 50+ miles walked in the mountains.
And, they cost half or less what other boots cost.
I'm not surprised they performed well. I used to buy Merrell's for walking the dog, but their quality didn't seem to be what it was in the last pair I got (they dug in my Achilles too much and the tread seemed to wear down much quicker). The Jack Wolfskin ones were, like you said, half the price. They don't look as cool, but they're comfier and seem to be lasting far better too.