Top Shelf Sampler

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:56 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:28 pm
Citizen B wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:05 pm

"The perfect introduction to the world of high end cigars." Does it say how many cigars you get? That price is a bit high for three cigars for an introductory offer.
It's called a trio sampler...
You really had to..didn't you? :lol: :lol:
:lol: :buddy: :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:31 pm
Tsal wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:14 pm
Citizen B wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:05 pm

"The perfect introduction to the world of high end cigars." Does it say how many cigars you get? That price is a bit high for three cigars for an introductory offer.
Your asking me?! You are the one reading the paper. Lol
Yeah, I read the paper but I didn't read the ad. I figured someone else would. :facepalm:
Holy crap i’m on the floor Image
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

The $32.8 billion expansion of the State Children’s Health Care Initiative, which was funded by an increase in the federal excise tax on cigars, the tax paid to the U.S. government on cigars as they are brought into the United States. Signed into law in 2009, the SCHIP expansion went into effect in April 2009, and boosted the federal excise tax on large cigars from less than five cents per cigar to 40.26 cents per cigar. Some cigar companies didn’t increase prices, but most did.

Add to that ^^^^^^ the state taxes which can be up to 75% of the manufactures sale price , depending on which shit show state youre in . Theres so much tax on cigars its sickening . The " government " makes more off cigars than the retailers do for the most part . Imagine if that were done to cars or homes or tampons or whatever ... the outrage , right

I just cant look at cigar prices without getting pissed off anymore , I just cant
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

I'm trying to smoke my pipe more. As @Ruffinogold has said, cigars are too expensive.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.