Sealed Kentucky Club and some velvet pocket tins

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I wish the velvets were full and good to go . My son Nick and I both love vintage Velvet . The new stuff is really good but that damn old stuff is as good as it gets . We had 14 oz of the stuff years ago and its all gone .. we loved it and still bring it up in conversation out of the blue sometimes . Im glad he and i got to freak over that stuff . Im sending Nick one of the tins and other stuff
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:38 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:38 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:36 pm It may not be as horrible as I first thought it was . I thought hey were glue shut but I guess not . I cant remember if and when they werent glued . That might have been the next decade . Anyway , it smells fantastic , it really does , and being it isnt dust [ just hard dry ]dry .. if there is such a term Ill give it a go in the humidor and who knows
I've resurrected some rock hard Edgeworth slices before. I have faith that you can pull off a decent win on the Kentucky Club
I have hope . When I pulled it open and realized it wasnt glue sealed , I assumed dust
Right? Anytime it's above dust it can be saved. Maybe not full glory, but even 80 percent is a win
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:15 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:38 pm

I've resurrected some rock hard Edgeworth slices before. I have faith that you can pull off a decent win on the Kentucky Club
I have hope . When I pulled it open and realized it wasnt glue sealed , I assumed dust
Right? Anytime it's above dust it can be saved. Maybe not full glory, but even 80 percent is a win
Agree :thumbs: I had some variety small tins a while ago . Ya know those 1 oz tins that came in a Lucite stripe of 5 different blends . They were kinda dry , though I think this stuff is a little drier [ though KC are little cubes that were on the dry side to begin with ] , but I bought the sampler pack in order to get the London Dock and that hydrated to near perfect with little flavor loss . Christ , now Im in the mood for some london Dock but Im already into another bowl of CB
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:58 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:15 pm

Agree :thumbs: I had some variety small tins a while ago . Ya know those 1 oz tins that came in a Lucite stripe of 5 different blends . They were kinda dry , though I think this stuff is a little drier [ though KC are little cubes that were on the dry side to begin with ] , but I bought the sampler pack in order to get the London Dock and that hydrated to near perfect with little flavor loss . Christ , now Im in the mood for some london Dock but Im already into another bowl of CB
I know exactly what you're talking about. Those sleeves with the smaller tins are awesome
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:20 pm
Isn’t @Tsal also looking for or hoping to run across Kentucky Club Continental?
Tsal
Forum Decorum

rekamepip wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:07 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:20 pm
Isn’t @Tsal also looking for or hoping to run across Kentucky Club Continental?
No. I have a tub of it.
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:36 pm It may not be as horrible as I first thought it was . I thought hey were glue shut but I guess not . I cant remember if and when they werent glued . That might have been the next decade . Anyway , it smells fantastic , it really does , and being it isnt dust [ just hard dry ]dry .. if there is such a term Ill give it a go in the humidor and who knows

The knife is a Hogue and it is so bad ass . Its an Enginering marvel actually . Ive never had a knife like it , Im assuming its a " tactical " knife because its brings out that side of me when I deploy it :) Thank you , Abe ... I love it
Your welcome for the Knife, I am trying to use mine more as I usually just reach for the closest disposable blade type knife. But I started using real knives and I was like holy sh!t this thing is sharp :lol: put it to good use!

I would try and smoke the KC as is and then try and rehydrate. You can’t hurt it at this point.