New Pocket Pistol

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I walked into a place that sells these little jewels and, for about what I’d pay for five pounds of Sutliff Virginia Slices, I walked out with one. I haven’t had a .380 for a long time and decided I needed it. It slips easily into my front pocket, shirt or pants.

I had a Colt Mustang .380 way back when but sold it when I wanted something else. Anyway, it’s a Ruger LCP, .380, 6+1. Duh.

Every time I buy five pounds of tobacco or a pistol I’m reminded how glad I am to live in the Good Ol’ USA and not Australia or somewhere! :lol:

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 pm I walked into a place that sells these little jewels and, for about what I’d pay for five pounds of Sutliff Virginia Slices, I walked out with one. I haven’t had a .380 for a long time and decided I needed it. It slips easily into my front pocket, shirt or pants.

I had a Colt Mustang .380 way back when but sold it when I wanted something else. Anyway, it’s a Ruger LCP, .380, 6+1. Duh.

Every time I buy five pounds of tobacco or a pistol I’m reminded how glad I am to live in the Good Ol’ USA and not Australia or somewhere! :lol:

Those of us who are stuck here on the left coast can't buy that pistol either lol. Looks like a very nice little pea shooter though
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I have the LC9 which is essentially the same gun, which rides in a kydex holster in my jacket pocket. Great little guns.

Oregon has pretty decent firearm freedoms compared the the rest of the west coast.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:09 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 pm I walked into a place that sells these little jewels and, for about what I’d pay for five pounds of Sutliff Virginia Slices, I walked out with one. I haven’t had a .380 for a long time and decided I needed it. It slips easily into my front pocket, shirt or pants.

Those of us who are stuck here on the left coast can't buy that pistol either lol. Looks like a very nice little pea shooter though
Ugh, bummer. It is a nice pea shooter but that little thing makes a 94 gr FMJ .380 sound like a full battle round! :awesome:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:40 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:09 pm

Ugh, bummer. It is a nice pea shooter but that little thing makes a 94 gr FMJ .380 sound like a full battle round! :awesome:
Nice! That 380 is on my list once I get out of here. The ca variant is a little under 5 Benjamin's
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

houtenziel wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:15 pm I have the LC9 which is essentially the same gun, which rides in a kydex holster in my jacket pocket. Great little guns.

Oregon has pretty decent firearm freedoms compared the the rest of the west coast.
I'm thinking about the LC9 too. I've been bit by the bug...again.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:34 pm
houtenziel wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:15 pm I have the LC9 which is essentially the same gun, which rides in a kydex holster in my jacket pocket. Great little guns.

I'm thinking about the LC9 too. I've been bit by the bug...again.
For all intents and purposes, it's pretty much the same gun, with a little more recoil from the higher pressure of 9mm. I was previously carrying a Ruger SP101 snubby in .357 mag, and compared to that thing the LC9 is like firing a feisty rubber band gun.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Middle Earth

I have a "few" LC9s Pros
I have two LCP IIs
Hard to compare a 10.6 ounce .380 ACP pistol with a 17.3 ounce 9mm
With the Underwood Penetrator the .380 ACP is a problem solver and a true pocket pistol.
Highly recommend, Mika pocket holsters
https://mikaspocketholsters.com
Whalehead King

Can it shoot a bullet through a cast iron skillet?
Middle Earth

Good question
The Lehigh bullet, used by Underwood is monolithic copper
I say yes it can, in my opinion, no problem
I normally think of AR500 steel and penetration testing
But if momma's cast iron skillet is bullet-proof, then I say no way.
Momma going to brain you wit' dat