have you ever done anything so stupid...

9 Iron
Founding Member

After all that, you darned well better get a deer.
avid

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:06 pm
avid wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:22 pm
ncrobb wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:04 pm Good luck in the woods!!
i wasn't even gonna go without that antlerless permit, because for the late muzzleloader season seeing a buck is rare, not worth sitting in the cold for the unlikely. But groups of does and yearlings roam around in the woods in spite of the daylight
In my rural ass county , we dont get doe days , which pissed me off for some time . So i asked a game and fish guy why that was and he said because we know you guys are doing it anyway . I thanked him for permission to take does any time I wanted .

I hope to get out this season . If not , I may harvest one from the back yard and bring her to the processer a half mile from my place in either direction . Im spoiled
as a hunter safety instructor my official position would be to frown on this...,but...
insufferable filter guy
avid

9 Iron wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:30 pm After all that, you darned well better get a deer.
we'll see, but there are very few chances in the woods i am not capable of screwing up
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

avid wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:47 am
we'll see, but there are very few chances in the woods i am not capable of screwing up
One time, I talked to a guy from Rhode Island. He seemed normal to me.
avid

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:26 pm
avid wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:47 am
One time, I talked to a guy from Rhode Island. He seemed normal to me.
it's all relative
insufferable filter guy
Whistlebritches

Yea.......I have the ability to take 3 bucks as well as 3 does due to the Texas license and two counties I hunt.I usually just take a nice buck.........but not always.Already passed on two nice Panhandle 8 pointers,both mid 130 class.That may have been incredibly stupid as I have seen nothing bigger.Only had time to go one weekend but I'll get back out there.I could've filled all 6 tags if I so desired.......I do not
Tsal
Forum Decorum

My first reefer job I pulled a box of watermelons in the dead of summer from Delaware to Florida without realizing your supposed to fill the refrigerator tank with fuel. When I picked the box up in the staging area it was already running, when I got to Port St. Lucie everything went bad. It must have been 200 degrees inside the whole way. Watermelon juice was seaping out of the doors.
The Troll Whisperer
avid

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:12 am My first reefer job I pulled a box of watermelons in the dead of summer from Delaware to Florida without realizing your supposed to fill the refrigerator tank with fuel. When I picked the box up in the staging area it was already running, when I got to Port St. Lucie everything went bad. It must have been 200 degrees inside the whole way. Watermelon juice was seaping out of the doors.
yecchhhh!
insufferable filter guy
CoreyR
Founding Member

avid wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:22 pm
ncrobb wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:04 pm Good luck in the woods!!
seeing a buck is rare,
Come to my house. They are all over the back yard!