What's For Lunch?

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

mrpipster wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:02 pm
Citizen B wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:37 pm Speaking of canned fish, I had Brunswick brand boneless sardine filets in olive oil with saltines. I am trying to trap a stray cat so I bought them for bait. They were the cheapest brand at $2.39 a can. They were good. I didn't need a whole can for bait so I ate the whale's share.
You live in New Orleans and prefer that nasty tinned fish for a snack. There must be better options. :barf:
I don't want to give a stray cat a whole tin of sardines in olive oil. That would be a waste. I preferred wasting most of those fishes that are so delicious on me.

I got my $2.39's worth.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Citizen B wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:27 pm
Citizen B wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:37 pm Speaking of canned fish, I had Brunswick brand boneless sardine filets in olive oil with saltines. I am trying to trap a stray cat so I bought them for bait. They were the cheapest brand at $2.39 a can. They were good. I didn't need a whole can for bait so I ate the whale's share.
You live in New Orleans and prefer that nasty tinned fish for a snack. There must be better options. :barf:
I don't want to give a stray cat a whole tin of sardines in olive oil. That would be a waste. I preferred wasting most of those fishes that are so delicious on me.

I got my $2.39's worth.
Just a joke. Did you mean that little rhyme at the end? I bet you did. Didnt ya?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
ric03

Citizen B wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:36 pm
ric03 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:14 am Had to go to the chemists as Mum's got a nasty cold (it's not COVID, according to the kit). Whilst there, I visited the butcher and aquired he ingredients for a proper butty!

You are the most English Englishman I have yet to meet, and I have been to England--twice!
lol well most days it's something less "English" to be honest. Quiche, pasta, pizza etc... Though saying that we are having pasties and mash again today :roll:
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

mrpipster wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:36 pm

I got my $2.39's worth.
Just a joke. Did you mean that little rhyme at the end? I bet you did. Didnt ya?
It's from the jingle for Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Citizen B wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:59 am
mrpipster wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:36 pm

I got my $2.39's worth.
You know me well. It's from the jingle for Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Ah. My lunches have been nothing.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I split a can of Cel-Ray with a friend of mine. His name is Vincent. It was his first time trying it. Our preferred seats face the trash can and the service sink.

He liked it. Who couldn't like celery flavored soda pop?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Italian hotdog.
Image. .
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Tsal wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:11 am Italian hotdog.
Image. .
It’s-a good for you! Mangia, mangia!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I just ordered fried crawfish tails. They normally come with a salad but I dislike the salads here. I am enough of a regular that I can order what I want. I do not abuse this power but the portions are too big here for me. They had better be-- it attracts the Guy Fieri fanbase. I only come because I am friends with the bartender. She moves like ballet.

New Englander that I am, I eat fried crawfish tails like clam strips, with tartar sauce.

Though most of my traits and quirks of personality fit seamlessly into New Orleans culture, so much so that I am often mistaken for a native, sometimes my roots show and it shocks the people unfamiliar with my past. They think tartar sauce is for nothing better than fish sticks, something else from up North.

I sometimes eat them with ketchup, which most other people also find revolting.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.