What are you smoking? October 2023

simplepipes
Codger in Training

Last of the evening . . .

SG Grousemoor . . . Tinsky Pot . . . Diet Soda.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Silver
Certified Codger

McConnell Scottish Cake in a Royal Crown Windsor by Hardcastle.

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Dammit I've been so out of sorts that I totally forgot rocktober. Maybe I can get one in tomorrow
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Corn Cob Pipe and a Button Nose in a Rossi Vittoria pot.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fidibusz

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:39 pm
Fidibusz wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:38 pm Image

Have not been posting for a while working through some health issues and cutting down smoking. Anyway, all bullets have been dodged so thought I better get in a Rocktober smoke before it’s too late. Kendal Kentucky in a @rekamepip masterpiece as I ponder the world’s problems.

Glad your on the mend friend. You are missed. Happy Halloween 🎃
Thanks @Piping Abe. Was not sick recently but had a CT scan a few months ago and a followup PET scan that showed some issues. Another recent PET scan showed everything resolved on its own. Got the good news last Thursday. Went to Chesapeake Pipe and Cigar and am back at it with Haunted Bookshop, Old Joe Krantz, and Kendal Kentucky, albeit smoking less often. Henry gives me free CAT scans every day. Now the last smoke of October is OJK in my Savinelli Linea Piu 5. Older picture, it’s dark and cold out here

Richard Hanson

Evening Gents,

In the late afternoon I had a bowl of L.J. Peretti in a Ser Jacopo bent dublin churchwarden.

Mrs. Hanson arrived home from church and stuffed me into a Gandalf costume. I told her I did not like donning a dress and she, in a sinister sarcastic manner, told me to shut up and learn how to hike it up to urinate. She also informed me that my lack of a manly beard and degraded mental faculties should not allow me to portray Gandalf. Susi told me that I am fat and messy so she thinking next year it will be Radagast the Brown. No, No, NO I protested, he lets birds nest in his hair and I don't think he smokes a pipe, this might not be true, but as this is not part of my knowledge I do not believed that I lied.

... I opened my first can ever of C&D Haunted Bookshop, filled my bowl and began smoking. I tried to pretend that I was in a dark corner of the Prancing Pony, that I was smoking Longbottom Leaf, and that I was not soon to be besieged by kinders dipping their tiny, clumsy hands into my bowl of candies with their parent's watching to make certain that this man was not some kind of pervert. I did this for some two and a half bowls of Haunted Bookshop with only one break to urinate, and yes I managed that nature break without disrobing, but finally I retreated from my own porch.

I stripped off that pointy hat, the cloak and the robe, and my dear Susi said she would hang my costume up with her "dresses" for next year.

I retreated to the back yard, with the company of my shepherds, a cup of coffee, and brooded for some time; Pray God for the restoration of my dignity, His will be done and not mine.

Please be gently my friends.

Warmest regards,
Richard
Living the lesepfeife life.