What Are You Smoking December 2018

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:57 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:29 pm Rimboche AP in the BST pot
OK - home now. This was posted late. I was coming back from the ER, and I did not have a chance to explain EXACTLY what I am smoking. I got the post in while waiting at the pharmacy window.

I had about a half pouch of the Rimboche AP left and I decided to try hydrating it. My technique here is to sprinkle water in the ziplock and let it hydrate evrything in the baggie. I overdid it, and the tobacco was going to be too damp to smoke. I decided I had a half pouch of SP Mellow Taste that was pretty dry. I tossed that in there and mixed it up. It sat in the truck for a couple of days.

This blend is actually quite good. It is a little sweeter, and the perique tastes a little more of plum.
Man, hopefully you are ok?! Just skim past the ER part and on to tobaccos?!
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

houtenziel wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:06 pm
My daughter had some outpatient this morning. It was reasonably routine, but we left the house at 5:30 to get there on time. She was discharged and about an hour after getting home had some problems. We called the nurse who sent us to the ER.

It has been a long day. We spent it with the medical community essentially. I made some country style pork ribs and took them to my wife for supper. We are all home now, but I was sent to the pharmacy on the way home to pick up meds.

Burley Flake #1 in a WDC pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:18 pm
My daughter had some outpatient this morning. It was reasonably routine, but we left the house at 5:30 to get there on time. She was discharged and about an hour after getting home had some problems. We called the nurse who sent us to the ER.

It has been a long day. We spent it with the medical community essentially. I made some country style pork ribs and took them to my wife for supper. We are all home now, but I was sent to the pharmacy on the way home to pick up meds.

Glad to hear you are alright, and hopefully your daughter will recover quickly!

PA in the same Westbrook poker. Having a nice pour of some Old Grand-Dad to keep me warm.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

steamboat wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:50 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:44 pm Trying out a new batch of Polish Condor in a Commodore

Never had the opportunity to smoke Condor. Is that blend floral as in St. Bruno? or is it lakeland as in Sams Flake. Love Sams Flake, St Bruno is the most vile leaf i put in a pipe to this day, and never want any blend that resembles that leaf again.
It's it's own thing. The Polish stuff is getting better, or at least this batch is. The Irish stuff was simple, complex, light, and stout. That stuff is some sort of tarry, peatty, camphor, floral, wintergreen, herbal, leather, overall assault on the senses and smoked so smooth with just enough nicotine to top you off. Hoping the Polish production improves or strikes a note close enough to truly satisfy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:38 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:55 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:15 pm

Are you actually there watching?
I am setting in my recliner with a pipe and a dog, watching a signal that has probably traveled a couple of hundred thousand miles before it got to my screen. My wife is out there driving in the crazy traffic.
You should of made a day of it. That would have been something to see in person.
I saw JFK when he was alive. I watched the service. I have carried flag draped coffins. I have seen and ridden trains. What could I gain by standing in the rain and fighting traffic besides a headache?
God and Texas!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ronv69 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:03 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:38 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:55 pm

I am setting in my recliner with a pipe and a dog, watching a signal that has probably traveled a couple of hundred thousand miles before it got to my screen. My wife is out there driving in the crazy traffic.
You should of made a day of it. That would have been something to see in person.
I saw JFK when he was alive. I watched the service. I have carried flag draped coffins. I have seen and ridden trains. What could I gain by standing in the rain and fighting traffic besides a headache?
Bragging rights.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in a Silver Duke pot

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Preloading the other Silver Duke pot for the drive to work - ODF-RR

Old Ted Award - 2017
SidStavros
Member in Good Standing

Pipe smoking scenes from Murdoch Mysteries.

I am smoking Ilsteds Own 55 Fresh Taste.
Blog for the New pipe smoker: http://Pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:18 pm

Glad to hear that all is well now and (hopefully) on the upswing
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin