Yello-Bole Pug

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Any Yello-Bole owners who've smoked one of these little guys have any opinions? I have been eyeing a pair of Pugs to get some more compact pipes in the collection. For whatever reason I have been favoring the shorter/smaller pipes lately. S.M. Frank hasn't let me down yet, but I've never had a Yello-bole.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

houtenziel wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:15 pm Any Yello-Bole owners who've smoked one of these little guys have any opinions? I have been eyeing a pair of Pugs to get some more compact pipes in the collection. For whatever reason I have been favoring the shorter/smaller pipes lately. S.M. Frank hasn't let me down yet, but I've never had a Yello-bole.
I can heartily endorse the Yello-Bole just in general. I have a number of them. I have never had a pug, so I can't speak to that model.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Yes , Yello Bole , Medico and Kaywoodie pipes [ along with DG pips ] are perfectly fantastic . The Pugs are " that size " and damn good . I'm a Yello Bole Checker fan and I'm down to only one sadly
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:55 pm I'm a Yello Bole Checker fan and I'm down to only one sadly
This is a problem with an easy fix.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Estate ... Swuk1Zuzjk
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:05 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:55 pm I'm a Yello Bole Checker fan and I'm down to only one sadly
This is a problem with an easy fix.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Estate ... Swuk1Zuzjk
Oh thats a nice one and I can make it glow in 5 minutes :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

I have two Yello Bole pugs. They're wee pipes and I love them.
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

I got one a while back, and I like it for shorter smokes.
Super K

I have a YelloBole pug as well as a Kaywoodie Colt, both are great little smokers. The KW gets more miles as it’s an older rusticated Devil Anse shape and the YB was a gift from a very good friend.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:55 pm Yes , Yello Bole , Medico and Kaywoodie pipes [ along with DG pips ] are perfectly fantastic . The Pugs are " that size " and damn good . I'm a Yello Bole Checker fan and I'm down to only one sadly
I've got one for ya if yer interested. 😊
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:07 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:55 pm Yes , Yello Bole , Medico and Kaywoodie pipes [ along with DG pips ] are perfectly fantastic . The Pugs are " that size " and damn good . I'm a Yello Bole Checker fan and I'm down to only one sadly
I've got one for ya if yer interested. 😊
:thumbs:
The Troll Whisperer