Latest Tobacco Purchase 2018

rekamepip
Codger in Training

kxg wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:59 pm This is a beautiful sight and a better view of the Mac Baren Flake - can't remember if this was the Burley or Navy.

How do you like the Burley Flake?
kxg

rekamepip wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:04 pm
kxg wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:59 pm This is a beautiful sight and a better view of the Mac Baren Flake - can't remember if this was the Burley or Navy.

How do you like the Burley Flake?
I like both the Burley and Navy Flake. I've been smoking out of the tins and probably won't be into the bulk versions for awhile. I get them confused. I know one smells more interesting in the tin but the other actually smokes more interesting - at least for me. I think it is the Navy that is the tin and the Burley in the pipe. I'll have to keep some notes next time I smoke them. I do know that jarring up the pound of each was an enjoyable experience! I had no trouble selecting a couple of tobaccos for that evening's smoke!
Bottom line: they are both on my cellar list.
slowroll
Founding Member

Just got a lovely looking 5 lb. Bag of HH ODF from P&C.
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Polish Condor and I hope it's better than the last batch.

Maynard

Got some Scotty’s Angler Dream just a simple Burley foward tobacco semi aeromatic nice ribbon cut I really taste mainly Burley but sweet reminds me of OTC’ tobaccos of long ago nice room note and detected just a slight frown from the wife.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Maynard wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:35 am Got some Scotty’s Angler Dream just a simple Burley foward tobacco semi aeromatic nice ribbon cut I really taste mainly Burley but sweet reminds me of OTC’ tobaccos of long ago nice room note and detected just a slight frown from the wife.
I have enjoyed Scotty's fisherman series, but I've not tried Angler's Dream. Trout Stream remains a favorite of mine!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:24 pm Polish Condor and I hope it's better than the last batch.

Those anti-smoking ads are just awful! To think, a baby girl was subjected to smoke being blown into her face to ''promote'' an anti-smoking agenda. This would be comparable to PETA slaughtering an animal and hanging the bloody carcass on a stake for an ad to promote goodwill toward animals.

It just... doesn't... make...sense. :bang:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Another order from Cigarbid.com
Someone...stop...me...before...I...bid...again...
One tin each of Stanwell Melange, Balkan Saseini, Ghurka Retribution, and Manacudo.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:27 pm Another order from Cigarbid.com
Someone...stop...me...before...I...bid...again...
One tin each of Stanwell Melange, Balkan Saseini, Ghurka Retribution, and Manacudo.

Cbid is the debbil

:twisted:
Mikeb717

Just picked up a pound of The Bearded Lady from Just For Him,it’s a VaPer with a touch more Perique than most VaPers,hits the spot on these cold days!
As stubborn as a Missouri Mule