Desert Island OTC

Presby John-Dave

@pipedrum22 I do like Captain Black Original.

A lot of guys are saying Prince Albert. I've never had it.
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
MtPipeSmoker

I'd have to go with SWR.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

SWRA
The Troll Whisperer
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

ric03 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:55 am Not much choice here I'll have to choose St Bruno, as though I like Condor it's not something I can smoke all day.
now there's a blend I wish I could get in the states....I've only had a sample of condor thanks to @Thelonious monkfish and it was spectacular. Also wish we had Mick McQuaid
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

I could smoke Irish Condor without tiring, just thinking about it brings the smell to mind. Haven't had new CH so unsure if I could all day it, same with new PA, the big tubs sure. SWRA is the choicest of the drugstore blends to me though, again, not sure if it's been changed. Honestly, I haven't bought much in the last five years, just been smoking up my stash mostly.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Presby John-Dave wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:17 am Folks,

You can only smoke one blend for the rest of your days. Not only that, but you can only smoke an OTC tobacco.

What's it going to be?

I say Half and Half.
I'm just going to suggest you really need to add some Perique to that Half and Half. It's great and I don't really care for Half and Half.
ric03

pipedrum22 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:45 am
ric03 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:55 am Not much choice here I'll have to choose St Bruno, as though I like Condor it's not something I can smoke all day.
now there's a blend I wish I could get in the states....I've only had a sample of condor thanks to @Thelonious monkfish and it was spectacular. Also wish we had Mick McQuaid
GH Bosun Flake and Cut Plug aren't too far off Condor if you want something similar in the US. I know they're not quite the same but I like them just as much. Coniston too. I like most full bodied Lakeland blends, they're perfect for a long evening smoke.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

ric03 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:57 am
GH Bosun Flake and Cut Plug aren't too far off Condor if you want something similar in the US. I know they're not quite the same but I like them just as much. Coniston too. I like most full bodied Lakeland blends, they're perfect for a long evening smoke.
You lie! Nothing is like Condor. Not even Condor anymore. But yeah, all the GH stuff is top notch and I've been smoking Grasmere all day.
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:03 am
ric03 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:57 am

You lie! Nothing is like Condor. Not even Condor anymore. But yeah, all the GH stuff is top notch and I've been smoking Grasmere all day.
I love all of those blends as my palate is strangely in line with many across the pond. Lakelands are my favorites.
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Rose Geranium is not nearly represented enough in the states. My palate is geared towards flavors similar to black coffee or flowers.