Desert Island OTC

ric03

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:03 am
ric03 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:57 am
pipedrum22 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:45 am

now there's a blend I wish I could get in the states....I've only had a sample of condor thanks to @Thelonious monkfish and it was spectacular. Also wish we had Mick McQuaid
GH Bosun Flake and Cut Plug aren't too far off Condor if you want something similar in the US. I know they're not quite the same but I like them just as much. Coniston too. I like most full bodied Lakeland blends, they're perfect for a long evening smoke.
You lie! Nothing is like Condor. Not even Condor anymore. But yeah, all the GH stuff is top notch and I've been smoking Grasmere all day.
thats why I put a not quite like it disclaimer in, knew someone would say that lol! I like Grasmere too, and really like Grasmere gingerbread

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Easiest question ever. Five Brothers
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

ric03 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:13 am
thats why I put a not quite like it disclaimer in, knew someone would say that lol! I like Grasmere too, and really like Grasmere gingerbread

No clue what I'm looking at but it must be delicious. Does it taste like RB plug and Grasmere?
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:12 am Rose Geranium is not nearly represented enough in the states. My palate is geared towards flavors similar to black coffee or flowers.
this is the way
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
ric03

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:16 am
ric03 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:13 am

No clue what I'm looking at but it must be delicious. Does it taste like RB plug and Grasmere?
It's a strong, spicy biscuit sold in a lovely old shop in the village of Grasmere. They do go well with strong smoke though so I would imagine so.
ric03

pipedrum22 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:05 am
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:03 am
ric03 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:57 am

GH Bosun Flake and Cut Plug aren't too far off Condor if you want something similar in the US. I know they're not quite the same but I like them just as much. Coniston too. I like most full bodied Lakeland blends, they're perfect for a long evening smoke.
You lie! Nothing is like Condor. Not even Condor anymore. But yeah, all the GH stuff is top notch and I've been smoking Grasmere all day.
I love all of those blends as my palate is strangely in line with many across the pond. Lakelands are my favorites.
I love smoking a Lakeland too. I used to smoke them lots camping up there. My first trip was always to the news agent in Kendal to buy lots of baccy. It always makes me feel like I'm sat outside my tent on a summer evening smoking them.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:12 am Rose Geranium is not nearly represented enough in the states. My palate is geared towards flavors similar to black coffee or flowers.
Not the same as GH toppings but have you tried any Peretti’s, specifically No Name?
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Prince Albert would be my first choice. Then SWRA. Then Borkum Riff Original. I'm assuming that...since we're fantasizing...I can also fantasize that someone else is footing the bill for the above mentioned products. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to call a technical and declare Low Country Vanilla an OTC.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:35 am
Not the same as GH toppings but have you tried any Peretti’s, specifically No Name?
Not had No Name. DD, 102, 333 are tasty. I like the old timey dusty/herbal/light floral thing they do with Burley.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:38 am Prince Albert would be my first choice. Then SWRA. Then Borkum Riff Original. I'm assuming that...since we're fantasizing...I can also fantasize that someone else is footing the bill for the above mentioned products. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to call a technical and declare Low Country Vanilla an OTC.
If everything is fair game then I'll take Edgeworth Ready Rubbed.