Desert Island OTC

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:42 am
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:35 am
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:12 am Rose Geranium is not nearly represented enough in the states. My palate is geared towards flavors similar to black coffee or flowers.
Not the same as GH toppings but have you tried any Peretti’s, specifically No Name?
Not had No Name. DD, 102, 333 are tasty. I like the old timey dusty/herbal/light floral thing they do with Burley.
Oh hell yeah. You know what i’m talking about. Since GH is no longer as strongly topped, I much prefer LJP. Also the availability is always in stock at LJP.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:47 am
Oh hell yeah. You know what i’m talking about. Since GH is no longer as strongly topped, I much prefer LJP. Also the availability is always in stock at LJP.
GH is all over the place, last couple years the Ennerdale and stuff hasn't been as over the top but we also got Cannon plug stateside and it's still an assault. I think the 2017/18 batch of Grasmere might have been the most sauced I ever had. The fact they keep up at all with production is amazing, I prefer fresh in your face floral attack Lakelands but you can't just grab some at the newstand here. It's all quality tobacco, I support that wherever it comes from.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:59 am
GH is all over the place, last couple years the Ennerdale and stuff hasn't been as over the top but we also got Cannon plug stateside and it's still an assault. I think the 2017/18 batch of Grasmere might have been the most sauced I ever had. The fact they keep up at all with production is amazing, I prefer fresh in your face floral attack Lakelands but you can't just grab some at the newstand here. It's all quality tobacco, I support that wherever it comes from.
I agree with everything you said. The only GH products I like enough to purchase are Cob Plug, Cannon Plug, Bosun and Coniston. Hoping for another Plug drop next year.
Presby John-Dave

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:53 am
Presby John-Dave wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:17 am Folks,

You can only smoke one blend for the rest of your days. Not only that, but you can only smoke an OTC tobacco.

What's it going to be?

I say Half and Half.
I'm just going to suggest you really need to add some Perique to that Half and Half. It's great and I don't really care for Half and Half.
What ratio do you recommend?
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Presby John-Dave wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:34 am
I'm heavy handed, 1:1 works for me, maybe start with 3 or 4:1.
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:59 am
oooooh I haven't had cannon plug
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:44 am
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:38 am Prince Albert would be my first choice. Then SWRA. Then Borkum Riff Original. I'm assuming that...since we're fantasizing...I can also fantasize that someone else is footing the bill for the above mentioned products. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to call a technical and declare Low Country Vanilla an OTC.
If everything is fair game then I'll take Edgeworth Ready Rubbed.
Sure! Why not? :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:40 am
Presby John-Dave wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:34 am
I'm heavy handed, 1:1 works for me, maybe start with 3 or 4:1.
Yeah. I made it around 20% and could have used more perique for my taste
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ronv69
Founding Member

CBR
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:12 am Rose Geranium is not nearly represented enough in the states. My palate is geared towards flavors similar to black coffee or flowers.
I was fortunate enough to get a boat load of Dark plug rose geranium from Glynn Quelch years ago and that was probably my all time favorite next to Bracken Flake. I only mention this because I'm jealous your smoking Grasmere!
The Troll Whisperer