Pipe Knife vs. Czech Tool

Serenity

cowboysurfer201 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:33 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:54 pm Im a fingerer .. I have teampers and tools of a few sdorts but its rare I grab therm. I dont know wny that is . I'm good for either one and some others but if I were to have only one , I'd go with a pipe knife
There's a joke in there somewhere....
There always is,,,,,
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I keep a Czech tool on my key chain and one of those cheap aluminum pipe nails with the spoon on the end in the truck in case I forget my go to tool:

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Well I am of Czech decent so.............. Czech tool for me!
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Wildcrow
Founding Member

I use a Case Trapper to ream. I use my Snake tamper for tamping. For aerating... I pack the pipe as well as I can. If the draw sucks, a quick pipe cleaner down the stem usually clears it up.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I have three things I use for pipe bowl stuff, tamping, reaming, and junk like that, but only one of them was made specifically to be used with pipes and that's the pipe nail. You know the one I'm talking about. The nailhead on one end and a dull, flat spoon on the other. It's probably the one I use the least. The "tool" I use most is a golf tee. It serves to tamp, obvs, and to swirl around in the bowl to get at that stubborn dottle.

I also have a little single blade Old Timer I use to scrape out the bowl when the cake builds up. There's nothing special about my OT...great-great grandpappy didn't pass it down through the generations. I got this one at Walmart a few months ago for about $10 I think and it does fine.

I had a Czech tool but I lost it. Then I found it. Then I lost it again. I've never lost my keys, my glasses, or anything else, but I have lost that Czech tool fo sho. :awesome:

And [mention]Whalehead King[/mention], to the question asked in your original post, "Who sharpens a spoon?", I would submit the answer, "Every inmate in the world." :king:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:54 pm Im a fingerer ..
Every time I read this, I cringe.

Taken in context, it's bad enough.

Taken out of context: CALL THE SHERIFF, MA!
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

I grabbed one of these 3 tool jobbie-doos off of Amazon and it works great for me! There were some bad reviews on it about the different components becoming loose over time but I'm just careful about only unfolding one tool at a time and after a year of use there is no looseness or wiggling.
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
unregistered1

I have Rodgers of Sheffield pipe tools that I use a lot, a basic one and one that has rosewood inlays. I keep a Peterson Thinking Man pipe tool in each of my vehicles. And for cutting my Plugs, I use an Opinel knife which performs decently.
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I've got a cheap ol' Mr Brog pipe tool that's got a little knife on it. Does the job I need for under 5 bucks.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Middle Earth

I waiting to see someone with the beautiful French Laguiole pipe knife which cost around $300.
The A.G. Russel pipe knives look nice
https://agrussell.com/knife/A-G-Russell ... US-CP24SWB