Whatcha’ Doin 2024

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:03 pm I’m home now. Had to take off the toilet again as there were 3 hot wheels in it the day after we left. Luckily we have another bathroom.
Kids were looking for a new racetrack :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Riff89

Getting everything together to go ice fishing tomorrow.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Riff89 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:31 pm Getting everything together to go ice fishing tomorrow.
Sounds like fun! Good luck!
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Playing Fortnite with my kids.. they like me on their squad. :clap:
The Troll Whisperer
Riff89

Tsal wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:20 pm
Riff89 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:31 pm Getting everything together to go ice fishing tomorrow.
Thanks a good time was had by all. We went with one of my son’s basketball teammates and his father. We caught quite a few small pike and a Handful of crappie and perch to take home for the frying pan.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Riff89 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:00 pm
Tsal wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:20 pm
Thanks a good time was had by all. We went with one of my son’s basketball teammates and his father. We caught quite a few small pike and a Handful of crappie and perch to take home for the frying pan.
Sounds like a fun time! Fried crappies are delicious!
The Troll Whisperer
ncrobb
Founding Member

Burning a couple of days of vacation before I loose them. I spent today servicing a vintage Fender amp, a early 1977 Pro Reverb. Yeah, people trash the Silverface years but whatever. This thing sounds better than any modern Fender reissue; I played it beside my ‘65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue and I’d swap for this silverface in a heartbeat. Anyway, this thing has been sitting for years. I pulled the chassis, cleaned all the pots, switches, jacks and tube sockets. The old tubes were good so I set the bias. Gave the whole thing a scrubbing and put it back together. It is bone stock down to the paper capacitors and resistors. I tried to talk him into updating to modern components but he says leave it. It wouldn’t be as flubby/mushy at higher volumes if upgraded. Over time (decades) vintage components loose the original value and you loose some tone. But at lower, reasonable at home, volumes it still has the sweet Fender clean and a lush reverb. The tremolo is great as well. Best part is the test drive.

“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

What a day.

I puttered around and did business things until 10:00, when I walked Mrs. King's dog. Then, I went to the bank to cash a check.

The bank was taking way too long. Finally, Cathy, the manager, said, "Come here and talk to me, Mr. King. I'll be done in just a minute and then I will take care of you." She was reading my mind. I wasn't really in a rush but I am naturally impatient when I want to be doing something else. I had to wait until 11:00 to go to Liuzza's-by-the-Track. That is when they open and I could have backdoor privileges there but I choose to not abuse my privileges.

I went to Liuzza's-by-the-Track to meet with my new assistant. She and I are going to be spending the whole day together. I want her to manage my social media accounts. To do that, she needs to know what it is like to live in my world. I am going to pick her up on the Vespa 8:00 and take her to my house. Then, she is going to accompany me until 2:00 as I go about my rounds and do whatever it is I do. I will be working the whole time, whether it seems that way or not.

I have a lot of projects for us to work on.

Then, my friend the masseuse showed up.

Then, I had to walk Mrs. King's dog again.

Then, I went to see a lady who showed me a picture of her nipple. I enjoy her company, too.

Then, I walked Mrs. King's dog, yet again.

Then, I went back to Liuzza's-by-the-Track. I rarely go there in the evening. I don't like the rhythm of the night.

Then, Mrs. King got home so I came home to see her. LBTT is only down the street. Mrs. King and I had dinner together. I forget what we ate. All I can remember is how much I love the sound of her voice.

Then, I wrote it all down.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Is that Mrs King?
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Tsal wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:23 amIs that Mrs King?
No. It is Serra the Masseuse. We usually meet for lunch on Wednesdays. It is her day off. She also works for herself.

Mrs. King is the better half of this operation. She dislikes having her picture taken. She has bemusedly accepted that is a part of the performance art that is my life, and she enjoys the benefits of it, but she rarely participates. Some people think she is made up. When she appears, everybody loves her. She is the opposite of me. She is genuine.

That said, earlier, in a prosaic story, since we are in the Whatcha' Doin thread, I knew Mrs. King was going to Office Depot to buy printer paper. We left at the same time. She left in her car. I left on my Vespa. I didn't really have an idea of what I was going to do. I decided to be a good husband and meet Mrs. King at Office Depot--you know--surprise her.

In city traffic, I will always always beat you to a mutual destination. Always. Two wheels set one free. Most of the time I want you to get out of the way. You feel that way about me on the interstate. I hate driving on the highway.

It took her forever to arrive. I looked at printers. Then, I looked at ink cartridges. No particular reason. Every time I heard the door open, I looked to see if Mrs. King had arrived. Nope.

I got bored of that so I went next door to Jefferson Feed to look at the chicken feed bags. That was even more boring than the ink cartridges. I decided to head over to Katie's, where I am right now.

What to my wondering eyes should appear but Mrs. King, just as she noticed my Vespa parked on the sidewalk by the entrance. She turned and saw me. I know the look of love.

After Mrs. King had bought her reams of paper, she said, "It's too early for you to go to Katie's. They're not open yet. Would you like to have a cup of coffee at Panera?"

Panera is on the other side of Office Depot from the pet food store.

I said, "Would like to go through the kitchen? They'll be happy to see you."

Mrs. King said, "Let's just go to Panera."

We had unsweet iced teas at Panera, in a window seat. Mrs. King knows the look of love, too.

We had a nice talk, as we often do. Then, we parted company. When I got to Katie's, they still weren't open. I went in through the kitchen.

-------

[Ed. note: I should not write on here when I am working. I am glad I responded, though, since I am confabulating a totally different version of today for totally different reasons.]
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.