Mac Baren 7 Seas blends

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:17 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:14 pm A have a huge amount of Gold from @Mr Beardsley. It is a good blend.

Always wanted to try the Red, as I love all things Cherry. Even the Robtussen flavored stuff. The cough syrup cherry, I like it all.

I think the 7 Seas Black is also excellent. I’ve only had Black and Gold.
Damn , I could have brought red with me on this trip and traded some red for gold
John lets just do a traditional trade through the mail. I’ll see what I got I can throw in as well. Is there a Cherry Blend thread?
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Those blends come up on cigarbid quite often
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:19 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:17 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:14 pm A have a huge amount of Gold from @Mr Beardsley. It is a good blend.

Always wanted to try the Red, as I love all things Cherry. Even the Robtussen flavored stuff. The cough syrup cherry, I like it all.

I think the 7 Seas Black is also excellent. I’ve only had Black and Gold.
Damn , I could have brought red with me on this trip and traded some red for gold
John lets just do a traditional trade through the mail. I’ll see what I got I can throw in as well. Is there a Cherry Blend thread?
Theres probably a few cherry blend threads . Yeah , when I get home lets do some 7 seas trade . Ill pop some to @Citizen B
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

An old MacBaren commercial:

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:16 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:09 am I've had some 7 Seas, but can't remember what one it was. I remember thinking it was not too bad, but I obviously didn't like it enough for it to become something I go to on a regular basis. Or even remember all that well.
When I first thought 7 seas was made to mimic CB .. I was let down . But , that not being the case , the ones Ive had have been very good as their own blend . I like that its available in bulk too . I buy the red in 8 oz quantity , which for me is a larger quantity . I buy MBGE in a pound bag and thats the only one I buy in a pound quantity , red being the next largest quantity . Really SPBC too , which is in a 12 oz bag and I love that stuff

Seven Seas Red and SPBC mixed is out of sight , imho . Depending on what ratio , its a comb that works in any combination of mix . I think Ive tried it in ever comb I could think of and its always exceptional
Sounds like that mix might be similar to the Codger Cherry mix I do up with LC Cherry and LC Vanilla. That's pretty good, too.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:46 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:09 am I've had some 7 Seas, but can't remember what one it was. I remember thinking it was not too bad, but I obviously didn't like it enough for it to become something I go to on a regular basis. Or even remember all that well.
When I first thought 7 seas was made to mimic CB .. I was let down . But , that not being the case , the ones Ive had have been very good as their own blend . I like that its available in bulk too . I buy the red in 8 oz quantity , which for me is a larger quantity . I buy MBGE in a pound bag and thats the only one I buy in a pound quantity , red being the next largest quantity . Really SPBC too , which is in a 12 oz bag and I love that stuff

Seven Seas Red and SPBC mixed is out of sight , imho . Depending on what ratio , its a comb that works in any combination of mix . I think Ive tried it in ever comb I could think of and its always exceptional
Sounds like that mix might be similar to the Codger Cherry mix I do up with LC Cherry and LC Vanilla. That's pretty good, too.
I bet its wonderful . Man , did you ever have the Prince Alber Cherry Vanilla and Soft Vanilla blends ... God they were good
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

What is the breakdown on these blends?

I know the red is cherry. What are the others supposed to be?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:28 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:46 pm

I bet its wonderful . Man , did you ever have the Prince Alber Cherry Vanilla and Soft Vanilla blends ... God they were good
No, I missed'em...sadly.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

One of them is Royal. I think I know that. I think that is the blue. I don't know what that is supposed to be or what it tastes like.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:57 pm One of them is Royal. I think I know that. I think that is the blue. I don't know what that is supposed to be or what it tastes like.
They have a brief description of each here .... https://mac-baren.com/7-seas/