Tobacco Platter

John

What do you use to break your tobacco and load your bowl over? Right now I'm just using a piece of paper folded in half. Makes it easy to fold and load the dropped pieces into the bowl or back in the jar.
ncrobb
Founding Member

I have a leather mat. Well two. One is just plain, the other has a welt/edge this is rope stitched on that goes around three sides. I’d post a pic but the fancy one is in TN and I’m in NC. They serve the same purpose as a sheet of paper or napkin.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
kxg

I too use the 81/2 x11 paper. Cheap, flexible, reusable, and disposable.
Maybe some day I’ll upgrade.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I use the palm of my hand if I am not loading from a pouch or a pound bag.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:12 pm I use the palm of my hand if I am not loading from a pouch or a pound bag.
Me too.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:12 pm I use the palm of my hand if I am not loading from a pouch or a pound bag.
Me Three.

I also have been known to take a weeks worth of tobacco that I am diggin' and put it in a ziplock so I can codger scoop. Particularly if it's tobacco that needs any dry time.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

houtenziel wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:06 pm
Me Three.

I also have been known to take a weeks worth of tobacco that I am diggin' and put it in a ziplock so I can codger scoop. Particularly if it's tobacco that needs any dry time.
Smoke more C&D or D&R, and it will come delivered not needing the dry time - just saying.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:09 pm
Me Three.

Smoke more C&D or D&R, and it will come delivered not needing the dry time - just saying.
This is actually a good point. I will do my best to rectify the situation. 8-)
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I have some leather mats I picked up on the bay as scraps from upholstery shops or old sample pieces. For things that need an insane amount of dry time I have a small acacia wood bowl I'll toss it in to air out
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Me Three.

This here.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-