Table Wine

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

If you drink wine , you know what a table wine is more than likely . I dont discuss wine at PSF because wine is equal to pipe tobacco in my world and I dont want two worlds to collide . I can handle bourbon threads but wine ... I can just go on about too much . I enjoy bourbon and booze but wine is like , I dont know , from God or something

Anyway , table wine . I think for about a decade now , Frontera Malbec has been my Table Wine . Prior to that a cheaper Bardolino , like from Folonari , was one of my table wines or even Bolla . Bardolinos are like traditional Italian style table wines . Ligher , a bit fruit forward , a little thinner and waaaay easy drinking . Table wine are served in a semi smallish but tall glass , kinda like a tall water glass but a little thinner and a little smaller . So like a wine " water glass " because its easy table wine and back in the old country , so Im told , when you had a home made wine [ which was common apparently ] ... when offered that wine it would be drunk down in one downing as to not insult whomever made it by drinking it down in more that one attempt .. lol . Ah, anyway , Ive got with the frontera Malbec because it has a bit more body and its cheaper yet .

Im just wondering if we drink wine around here and PSF so , if theres a table wine you enjoy buying ? Ive not had a bad bottle of Frontera Malbec in all the time Ive bought it ... thats saying something about their bottling and factory , I imagine

Now , I swear , if anyone shows up at this thread [ which Im doubting a bit ] saying how they enjoy a killer Amarone as a table wine ..... :bang: ... then you got way to much money for us regular clowns

Im kinda in the mood to try a good cheap bottle of wine and Ive been away from them for a time .. Im talking 10 and under

Heres a cheat if youre not familiar . Pop a bottle and let it sit TWO hours ..... it will make a meh bottle substantially better . The aerators do a little bit but two hours popped really does it as far as it will go

I once had some Rex Goliath Cab that had breathed a good while . It was popped before a loooong Mass at church and I enjoyed it . The Frontera Malbec doesnt need much popped time ... half hour and youre there

I really dig Washington State wines ... if you know a good cheap one , please let me know . I used to snag Houge lower line stuff for 6 bucks years ago but that disappeared around here and has probably gone way up

Id be interested in a good cheaper Spaniah Tempranillo also

10 bucks or under , there abouts is what Im after .

Sorry for the long windedness
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Two words….Rossi Paisano. One word….yum!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I don’t drink it enough to one kind from another!
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I don't know much about wine at all, but I'm sure there are at least a coupla oenophiles lurking around. I've never been able to develop a taste for the stuff.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:29 am Two words….Rossi Paisano. One word….yum!
Oh man , thats the stuff Jennifer had a jug of at all times when in college . I had plenty of that and its pretty much a Tabe Wine .. I should give it a go again
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:04 am I don't know much about wine at all, but I'm sure there are at least a coupla oenophiles lurking around. I've never been able to develop a taste for the stuff.
So does that mean you dont like wine or just not into it ? Seriously , if youre ever wanting some , do try the Frontera Mabec or any Malbec from Concha Y Toro , which is who makes Frontera . Let it breath at least an hour and I almost guarantee it wont be offensive in any way .... and youd be out only like 6 or 7 bucks
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Last year I took a one day WSET class just for kicks. It was pretty cool and I learned quite a bit. For a table wine I like med to low tanin reds. There are tons of them.
ever forward
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I have started going to a breakfast place where I have a glass of white wine for breakfast. I don't like coffee. I never finish it. I don't finish the wine either. I live mostly off club soda and idle daydreams.

I was talking to the owner and I told her that the staff never asks what kind of white wine I want. "We only have one, right now." she said.

That explains that. Not that it would matter to me anyway. Good things are wasted on me. I would just tell them the driest they have, if they asked. I like my wine the way I like my humor.

This Greek owner is very nice. We sit next to each other while she does her work and I do mine. It is not the seat I would normally choose but it is now. I enjoy her on-again, off-again company more than I enjoy the wine. I don't really like wine. It gives me a a headache.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:36 am
MikeDennison wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:04 am I don't know much about wine at all, but I'm sure there are at least a coupla oenophiles lurking around. I've never been able to develop a taste for the stuff.
So does that mean you dont like wine or just not into it ? Seriously , if youre ever wanting some , do try the Frontera Mabec or any Malbec from Concha Y Toro , which is who makes Frontera . Let it breath at least an hour and I almost guarantee it wont be offensive in any way .... and youd be out only like 6 or 7 bucks
I've tried it a few times, but didn't really like it. But I'll give your suggestion a try.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

So after writing this thread I found myself getting some Italian sausage at the food sore later and wandered over to the wine section . They had the frontera Malbec I wanted but only in the big big bottle so I went t the Spanish section and snagged this stuff . Its a blend and blends are fun so I gave this 7 dollar bottle a go . I had teh first glass with 15 mins breath time and Ill have the next in about an hour so itll have a couple hours open

So far , so good :thumbs: