Favorite Budget and Non-Budget Tobacco

pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Hmmm. Budget for me used to be Carter Hall but I haven’t purchased any and apparently it changed since another company bought it. Not sure if that’s true as I haven’t tried it since.

But Ennerdale is probably my all time favorite. And most things from Gawith.
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

montag wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:31 am This is relative. I am light smoker (2-3 pee week), so a purchase lasts along time. So for me, my budget blend is either Carter Hall (sometimes I just want an otc) or a tin I picked up on sale online (currently Peterson Flake). Non budget blend is GH Skiff since it is never discounted.
MMMM ... Skiff . Id forgotten about it . Back when I was smoking some SG stuff , that was the English blend of theirs I liked
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
montag

pipedrum22 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:32 am Hmmm. Budget for me used to be Carter Hall but I haven’t purchased any and apparently it changed since another company bought it. Not sure if that’s true as I haven’t tried it since.

Are you talking about the sell in '07 (?) or more recent move to Dominican Republic? I never had old CH pre '07, but I have had pre and post Dominican production.
Puff nstuff

Hmm, I guess of everything I currently have, the deeply discounted Drexel VIII VaPer flake is my favorite budget tobacco, though I don't think it's available anymore. I don't smoke that often so cost isn't really a big deal for me. For expensive stuff it's definitely GH, probably Coniston and Brown Flake Aro. Dark Flake Aro is also awesome. And Brown Twist. :lol:
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ronv69
Founding Member

McClelland's Frog Morton Cellar and 1Q.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Puff nstuff wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:27 pm Hmm, I guess of everything I currently have, the deeply discounted Drexel VIII VaPer flake is my favorite budget tobacco, though I don't think it's available anymore. I don't smoke that often so cost isn't really a big deal for me. For expensive stuff it's definitely GH, probably Coniston and Brown Flake Aro. Dark Flake Aro is also awesome. And Brown Twist. :lol:
Yes , that Drexel was good and I havent seen it anywhere being offered lately and for a while . I think that brand got the axe
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:02 pm McClelland's Frog Morton Cellar and 1Q.
This post is liked ^^^^^^^^^
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

montag wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:04 pm
pipedrum22 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:32 am Hmmm. Budget for me used to be Carter Hall but I haven’t purchased any and apparently it changed since another company bought it. Not sure if that’s true as I haven’t tried it since.

Are you talking about the sell in '07 (?) or more recent move to Dominican Republic? I never had old CH pre '07, but I have had pre and post Dominican production.
I guess the recent move to the Dominican. As I understand it, and I could be wrong, but you can’t buy the pouches anymore. Only the large tubs. I don’t want to commit to a tub if it’s a shadow of what it used to be.
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:43 am
Ronv69 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:02 pm McClelland's Frog Morton Cellar and 1Q.
This post is liked ^^^^^^^^^
Thank you. My currently produced expensive favorite is Wilke #515.
God and Texas!