Whatcha’ Doin 2024

Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Lol! I thought you hung out at bars all day long?
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Getting ready to fix an outside “enhanced” coffee to enjoy with a pipe of Carter Hall while I test the new mower out on the front yard.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Plinsc wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:58 pm Lol! I thought you hung out at bars all day long?
I walk Mrs. King's dog three times a day, sometimes four when she is out of town. I also stroll about. I average about six miles a day on foot. Probably that much via Vespa, too. I tend to stay within a two mile radius of my house.

That said, I am in a bar right now. It is the kind of bar where you never know what time of day it is. I hate to come here during the day because it feels like night. It is very disconcerting. It's night now.. It is just past midnight. I am keeping the bartender company before change of shift. See? You were not far off.

"Let me buy your last drink for keeping me company, Mr. King," she said.

I surprised her by ordering something I have never ordered before: a can of Crescent 9 seltzer. It is totally disgusting. I doubt I will linger long enough to finish it.

At least she is playing my favorite radio station: Dark '80s.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I would like to point out that I am keeping the bartender company because she is running an art market in my back garden during Jazz Fest. I know I seem to fiddle-faddle about all day but I am a businessman. Everything I do has a purpose.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Just got home from my parents house in Florida. And now tomorrow afternoon we start the 17 hour drive to NY :buddy:
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Made it from the border of Florida to Long Island in about 18 hours. 4 stops. Not bad, hit rush hour traffic in Virginia at 4AM. All the cars freaked me out. I haven’t seen that in a while. Since I was in San Antonio. Can’t believe I used to live in places so populated. Our hotel is a Home2 by Hilton. Very nice. There is a Walmart within walking distance and they have breakfast every day. Long Island is so populated it is disgusting. And the people are very rude. I know this, I used to live here. But I realize it more so now.

I can’t believe how many cars are in a Walmart Parking Lot on a Wednesday Morning.

The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Hey Tsal, how is everything after the quake there?