From sad to happy

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

A very kind elderly lady I know , named Jean , passed away the other day . She is the property owner of the farm that the cabinet shop I worked at is on . Her husband , Jams , passed 4 or 5 years ago now and shes joined him . Its teh way of life , passing

I dont know if Ive ever mentioned here , because I try not to mention much here other than pipe related stuff , but she had a dog that Ive been is serious love with since it was born and I guess that was 7 or 8 years ago . Every day Id get to the farm for work and Baby [ thats what she named her dog ] would greeet me and hang out with me . Baby is teh sweetest dog Ive ever met in my life , easily . I told every one that if Baby belonged to anyone in the world other than Jean , Id have stolen her and taken her home . Everyone knew I felt that way , because thats the kind of asshole I am , and now that Jean has passed , her son is willing for me to take baby if she will work out with my other dogs

So its weird . Ive always wanted this dog every time I saw her , which was most the time . Id get rid of my two dogs to have her .... I swear , lol , but Ruby is Jennifers dog and Trigger is knida the family moron dog . Turns out Ill be picking baby up tomorrow after work and I cant tell you how happy that makes me and sad that Jean has passed . I wonder if Baby will appreciate being in my home . I have property and my property borders with my neighbor who has like 2 square miles , literally . being baby is used to a farm , I think this place wont seem too weird , size wise , but I just hope it works out

Heres a picture of her hanging out in my van one morning back in 2018

Anyway , shes the nicest dog Ive ever met , by far ... hoping it all works out . I think shes a Blue Heeler mix

God bless James and Jean .. Ill take good care of their dog
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Awww bud...I'm glad for ya! A bit of joy coming out of great sadness is a good thing. Hope yer news pup settles in real good.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Sorry to hear about your friends but I'm glad you have taken in the dog. Usually families don't want to inherit animals and they end up in a pound or someplace. I'm sure she will adjust fine.
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend.

Very rarely do pets click with us. We have all had pets that we love. But I feel like they never build that special bond. They are there and we love them.

But then there are those who we really love. It sounds like thats Baby for you. I hope it works out. And Baby is a great Dog name that i’ve never heard before. Wonderful. Best of luck 😁
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Puff nstuff

I suspect that dog is gonna love its new life and new digs, and hopefully the three of them will get on fine. Heelers, though - oi vey! That's a whole lotta potential alpha energy!! Good on ya, and good luck!!
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
ncrobb
Founding Member

That’s a great story with a happy ending. Good for you Ruff.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Cool looking dog!
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I haven't updated this thread till now cause its been too depressing

I brought Baby home that day and had her on my porch . My dogs were inside and there a sliding glass door so they can see each other . Long story short , Baby wanted blood ... I couldn't believe it ! She was on the glass of the doors freaking out . Had I of opened that door it would have been a blood bath . My two dogs were pretty cool about it all but the way Baby was acting , she wouldnt survive 2 minutes .
She spent her life on a farm and was the only dog at her home . Thankfully , she ended up at another farm and all is well other than I dont have her . I never would have thought she'd be on the offensive in a big way because shes the sweetest dog Ive met ... though when shes the only one , I gather
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:09 pm I haven't updated this thread till now cause its been too depressing

I brought Baby home that day and had her on my porch . My dogs were inside and there a sliding glass door so they can see each other . Long story short , Baby wanted blood ... I couldn't believe it ! She was on the glass of the doors freaking out . Had I of opened that door it would have been a blood bath . My two dogs were pretty cool about it all but the way Baby was acting , she wouldnt survive 2 minutes .
She spent her life on a farm and was the only dog at her home . Thankfully , she ended up at another farm and all is well other than I dont have her . I never would have thought she'd be on the offensive in a big way because shes the sweetest dog Ive met ... though when shes the only one , I gather
Aw man...sorry to hear it. My pup is really cool with people, too, but he gets aggressive with other dogs. Sorry it didn't work out, sir.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:09 pm I haven't updated this thread till now cause its been too depressing

One of my Dogs is like that. She was a puppy when we got her and it was blistering cold, snow everywhere. So we didn’t get to socialize her early. Besides our other dog, her first experiences were not good. She peed herself from being too scared. So she is the best dog ever until other animals are around. Besides our other dog.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations