Lane Limited Ready Rubbed

sisyphus
Person of Interest

Should I give this a try? I was not nuts about ERR at the end of its span with Lane, so I never tried LLRR when it came out. Reviews have me believing they've changed it.
How do you guys like it?
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Never tried it myself.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
9 Iron
Founding Member

I've not tried it yet either. I have smoked a bunch of the Sutliff match which, in a nutshell tastes great for the first few minutes but then sort of fades out. I think it just comes down to the quality of the leaf used. I can't imagine that Lane would be a great leap forward from Sutliff. Now if someone would let Uhle's remake ERR with their own house burleys, well, that could be something amazing.
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

I enjoyed Lane's ERR. I think it tastes like the old ERR, but I prefer the Sutliff ERR Match more. I think it's worth a try. You can buy 2oz from 4Noggins so you don't have to buy a full tub. https://www.4noggins.com/lane-limited.aspx
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I'm with Ray. I've smoked both. Lane is good but Sutliff Ready Rubbed Match is even better. Recommended.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:06 pm I'm with Ray. I've smoked both. Lane is good but Sutliff Ready Rubbed Match is even better. Recommended.
Where's Sutliff match on the nicotine spectrum?
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Wildcrow wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:06 pm I'm with Ray. I've smoked both. Lane is good but Sutliff Ready Rubbed Match is even better. Recommended.
Where's Sutliff match on the nicotine spectrum?
Based on my nicotine tolerance I would consider the Sutliff Match as mild to medium.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Yes, Sutliff is on the mild to medium spectrum, leaning mild.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
leacha
Founding Member

Ray Mackessy wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:48 pm I enjoyed Lane's ERR. I think it tastes like the old ERR, but I prefer the Sutliff ERR Match more. I think it's worth a try. You can buy 2oz from 4Noggins so you don't have to buy a full tub. https://www.4noggins.com/lane-limited.aspx
Agreed!
Andrew Image
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I have a fair stock of both the Lane and the Sutliff. Can bag some up & send it your way if you'd like to compare & decide
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin