Tobacco Slump

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:48 pm Thanks gents for the recommendations. I think the talk of going through phases is a good one that should have its own thread, if it doesn’t. It makes a lot of sense. I still consider myself happy to be able to smoke anything and I usually enjoy whatever I am smoking. I may prefer to smoke another blend but the blend I am smoking is still good. No one is trying to make crap out there.

I grabbed some new blends and hope to crack a tin tomorrow and give it a whirl.

I am leaning towards it being allergies. I never had allergies growing up, but it is so terrible here in South GA. 2 weeks to go till the big move. I describe the way I feel and my Wife is sure its allergies. Its like being sick but not feeling sick. Its terrible and doesn’t make sense why humans haven’t adapted to this tree pollen crap already. Someone said if it looks like that on your car, imagine that in your lungs!

I need some clean North Dakota air man, you know?

Hey , that 1882 .... give us a buzz on how that is . It sounds like a full flavored with good nicotine nick . Those types sound good but sometimes arent smooth enough for me . Im most curious if its smooth and if the burley stands out
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
HSigurdsson

I had a seven year slump. :)
I just picked it back up last spring....as you know.
I am a grazer.
I have at minimum 15 blends open at a time and I only smoke one or two pipes a day....usually.
Recently ive been smoking a bowl or two of MacB Black Ambrosia every day thanks to @Ruffinogold .
But usually im not smoking a blend twice in a row.
Currently I only have maybe five blends going but that will soon change.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I’ve been smoking Chenet’s Cake since I picked it up Saturday. I believe it is a combo of the Allergies subsiding and I really dig this blend. I think i’ll smoke this whole tin until its gone. So my own Tobacco Slump is over. We’ll see what happens when this tin is gone. Thanks everyone. Change of pace was needed :D
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

HSigurdsson wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:21 am I had a seven year slump. :)
I am a grazer.
I have at minimum 15 blends open at a time and I only smoke one or two pipes a day....usually.
Recently ive been smoking a bowl or two of MacB Black Ambrosia every day thanks to @Ruffinogold .
That stuff is pretty good , isnt it
HSigurdsson

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:33 pm
HSigurdsson wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:21 am I had a seven year slump. :)
I am a grazer.
That stuff is pretty good , isnt it
Im liking it.
Its not as aromatic as I thought it would be.
Like I said in another post, its very close to MacB Va#1 with something extra.
Va#1 is one of my favorite blends.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Just keep after it.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ronv69
Founding Member

I go through spells like that. It either passes or it doesn't. If I feel like smoking I don't. Sometimes I will smoke something completely different, like a strongly flavored aro or something with a lot of perique. Then my regular blends call to me.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm I go through spells like that. It either passes or it doesn't. If I feel like smoking I don't. Sometimes I will smoke something completely different, like a strongly flavored aro or something with a lot of perique. Then my regular blends call to me.
Ive done that too . Occasionally Ill get weirded out , so Ill fire up a freak show ,an English or a blend I rarely get to . It wont take long and Im hankering for MBGE or another " regular " .

I kept Middletons Cherry in a humidor on the piano .... most times though , if I was stuck not knowing what I wanted , Id just smoke that . Its rare I weird out