I’m Moving

apprenticeldr

Congrats, Abe!
Quando omni flunkus moritati. :D
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

apprenticeldr wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:59 pm Congrats, Abe!
Thank you sir :D
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Today was my last day in the first house me and My Wife bought. The truck will be here tomorrow and everything we built will be gone in a few hours. Time to start anew and keep moving forward. It is good to see where you have been and where you have come from. But I like to keep moving forward. My Dad tells me, “Keep your head down and eyes and ears open.”

Very rarely do I take in what has come. More so, what is to come.

I found some letters My Wife wrote me on my First Deployment. Man that is Wonderful. I could feel emptions coming over me like I was 20 years old again.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 pm Today was my last day in the first house me and My Wife bought. The truck will be here tomorrow and everything we built will be gone in a few hours. Time to start anew and keep moving forward. It is good to see where you have been and where you have come from. But I like to keep moving forward. My Dad tells me, “Keep your head down and eyes and ears open.”

I found some letters My Wife wrote me on my First Deployment. Man that is Wonderful. I could feel emptions coming over me like I was 20 years old again.
Onward , young man :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Movers got done around 1400. I did some cleaning in the house and threw away the trash. I made it through ATL with only 10 minutes of traffic (Godsend). And then 4 Maintenance lights came on in my 2022 CRV of course. I just spent $500 on annual maintenance and she was outfitted with the best. The worst part is that the Cruise Control no longer works now. Quick google says the problem is either a battery or the front camera. I have had the battery changed twice since we owned it. Everything is still under warrenty but this car has had so many issues for no reason. Now I may need to stop at a Dealer in Nashville. I hope the battery doesn’t die on me at a rest stop or gas station. Hopefully I wake up and none of them come back on. At least i’m in a nice hotel. Stopped at Bucee’s earlier. That was fun. Got shirts for the family.

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:06 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 pm Today was my last day in the first house me and My Wife bought. The truck will be here tomorrow and everything we built will be gone in a few hours. Time to start anew and keep moving forward. It is good to see where you have been and where you have come from. But I like to keep moving forward. My Dad tells me, “Keep your head down and eyes and ears open.”

Onward , young man :thumbs:
Thanks John. Still hoping to hit a Pipe Show in 2025 ;)
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Travel safely, brother!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
HSigurdsson

Good luck and safe travels my man.
You are probably n ND by now, sooooooo, hope you HAD a safe trip.
Car issues on the road suck.
A few years ago my wife and I were driving from NY to Florida.
My wife had never been further South than Pennsylvania.
As we crossed the West Virginia border, out jumps a deer from behind the "Welcome to West Virginia" sign. :)
The car was dead and cost $3500 to repair.
Luckily my parents drove down to WV and brought us one of their cars to continue our trip.
montag

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 pm Movers got done around 1400. I did some cleaning in the house and threw away the trash. I made it through ATL with only 10 minutes of traffic (Godsend). And then 4 Maintenance lights came on in my 2022 CRV of course. I just spent $500 on annual maintenance and she was outfitted with the best. The worst part is that the Cruise Control no longer works now. Quick google says the problem is either a battery or the front camera. I have had the battery changed twice since we owned it. Everything is still under warrenty but this car has had so many issues for no reason. Now I may need to stop at a Dealer in Nashville. I hope the battery doesn’t die on me at a rest stop or gas station. Hopefully I wake up and none of them come back on. At least i’m in a nice hotel. Stopped at Bucee’s earlier. That was fun. Got shirts for the family.

1). I hope it the fix was easy and I wish I saw it earlier. My cruise control goes out sometimes when a bug splats on the front sensor. A wet wipe usual fixes it in seconds.

2) Buc-ee’s has been a game changer for road-trips. No more scary restrooms I once stopped at a gas station that had chickens in the restroom (here’s looking at you Arkansas).
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Made it Kansas City MO. My Hotel at Minot wont be ready until Wednesday so theres no rush to get there. And I still have extra travel days. I’m about 12.5 hours away. So i’ll probably get to the state and call it a night tomorrow. The lights are all still on in the car but its going fine. Probably hit the dealer Wednesday and hope its an easy fix. I did clean the sensor and checked the battery terminals. Everything should be under warrenty. But no cruise control sucks. Man, you old timers had it rough before cruise control! Had a good day driving today. Chatanooga to Kansas City. Now watching TV. Grabbed a 6 pack of some local beer. The Time Change is welcome. Now I wont be up as late watching TV shows and what not. I’ll walk the dog and may light up a pipe later.