Anyone try these new crumble cakes !?

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Check it out ...

https://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/Sutliff/

If you've had them , id dig hearing about it :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I am interested too. They sound great.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mikeb717

That Red Virgina has my eye,will be adding that to my next order
As stubborn as a Missouri Mule
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I have the Va/Per version of it. I smoked one bowl of it so far, and it's got a similar vinegary-ness to the SPC and McClelland stuff. The crumble cake is identical to the SPC stuff they also make.. thick slices that break apart really easy.

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I'll just write my thoughts here, since I am actually smoking the Va/Per as I type this. Lights easy, burns really well. The Virginia comes off very wheaty/perhaps bready sort of flavor, rather than hay or grass. The Perique sits about even with the Virginia, with a slight figgy sort of flavor, and a good amount of pepper especially on the retrohale. As the bowl is progressing I am getting an occasional tart/tangy hit. It's one of the least sweet Va/Per blends I've tried which is actually kinda nice in a way. Nic is probably closer to the medium range than mild.
Looking at the thick cake-flakes side by side with Mississippi River, they look identical except that the Crumble Cake lacks the dark Latakia flecks. Despite them looking identical, the Crumble Kake taste is much milder, less sweet, and burns a heck of a lot easier.

TLDR; It's a good bready/peppery sort of VaPer. Mild enough to sit around all day puffin.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

houtenziel wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:53 pm I have the Va/Per version of it. I smoked one bowl of it so far, and it's got a similar vinegary-ness to the SPC and McClelland stuff. The crumble cake is identical to the SPC stuff they also make.. thick slices that break apart really easy.

Thank you :)
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

houtenziel wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:35 pm I'll just write my thoughts here, since I am actually smoking the Va/Per as I type this. Lights easy, burns really well. The Virginia comes off very wheaty/perhaps bready sort of flavor, rather than hay or grass. The Perique sits about even with the Virginia, with a slight figgy sort of flavor, and a good amount of pepper especially on the retrohale. As the bowl is progressing I am getting an occasional tart/tangy hit. It's one of the least sweet Va/Per blends I've tried which is actually kinda nice in a way. Nic is probably closer to the medium range than mild.
Looking at the thick cake-flakes side by side with Mississippi River, they look identical except that the Crumble Cake lacks the dark Latakia flecks. Despite them looking identical, the Crumble Kake taste is much milder, less sweet, and burns a heck of a lot easier.

TLDR; It's a good bready/peppery sort of VaPer. Mild enough to sit around all day puffin.
Double thank you 😊😊
Bamarick

Mikeb717 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:32 pm That Red Virgina has my eye,will be adding that to my next order
I have a tin of of the Red VA that I bought from Smokingpipes last month. My tin was about half crumbled already with thin flakes of the remainder. To get it to burn properly I dried it on a plate overnight then jarred it. It now smokes as it should, but it's a taste that I'm not quite used to(yet)
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
unregistered1

They sure did get my attention. However, for some unexplainable reason, I do not do well with the tobacco manufactured by Sutliff. Maybe it has to do with a chemistry compatibility thing. In any case I am very hesitant to acquire some.
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Lord Guyrox wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:39 am They sure did get my attention. However, for some unexplainable reason, I do not do well with the tobacco manufactured by Sutliff. Maybe it has to do with a chemistry compatibility thing. In any case I am very hesitant to acquire some.
Sutliff blends do tend to tingle my tongue pretty good too. Especially the blends where humectant is used heavily, I can get some serious bite if I don't put a paper filter in between me and the tobacco(I had the exact same problem with a large majority of McClelland blends). However, I like some of their blends so much (like EGR) that I tolerate it. I will say this though - the Crumble Kake blends are the most natural, unadulterated of any Sutliff blend I've tried.
― Theodore Roosevelt