Where Do You Smoke?

steamboat

I have a hard time with this one. I am not a clencher so walking while smoking is real awkward for me. 95% of the time im smoking a pipe i am sitting down, so it really limits me to my computer desk or on the patio in the summer. Pipe smoking for me, is more of an inside thing. If im out and about walking in the woods or park, or even bbq ing, its usually a cigar i'm burning. Cigars for myself, since i dont clench, is way better solution to the activity side of smoking for myself.
Wooda
Founding Member

Most of the year, I puff away in and uninsulated addition on the back of the house. or outside when doing chores.

In the dead of winter I have a walled off portion in the basement and crack a window just enough for a draft.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
traderbob

I'm lucky because I have a shop out back. I smoke there an tinker with guns and pipes.
Bob Smith
"Better to fight for something than to live for nothing" Gen. George S. Patton
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I smoke damn near anywhere except in the house , only on special occasions like fathers day etc . I have a man cave that I finally have money to finish off but my new job will prevent that any time soon , more than likely . Once done , I will smoke in it during winters , for sure , and the rest of the year .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
unregistered1

When not smoking outside or in the car, I smoke in my study. I have an air purifier set in and will crack open the window at all times, summer or winter. I consider myself lucky that my wife is not one of those crazy anti-tobacco Nazis. :clap:
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

steamboat wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:46 pm I have a hard time with this one. I am not a clencher so walking while smoking is real awkward for me. 95% of the time im smoking a pipe i am sitting down, so it really limits me to my computer desk or on the patio in the summer. Pipe smoking for me, is more of an inside thing. If im out and about walking in the woods or park, or even bbq ing, its usually a cigar i'm burning. Cigars for myself, since i dont clench, is way better solution to the activity side of smoking for myself.
This is me almost verbatim. My office/den is MY space. The walls are decorated with classic album covers by artists ranging from the Beatles to Johnny Cash, my CDs and vinyl albums are in racks along with my pipes and tobaccos and everything in my office (especially my pipes) get enjoyed on a regular basis.
In the summer time I tend to spend the bulk of my free time out back listening to my music, sipping on a bourbon and my pipe but out there I will also enjoy a few cigars, especially while the boys and I are BBQing a brisket or some ribs on the pit. :D
Here's the boys!
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Whalehead King

This song says it all.

oldbill
Member in Good Standing

traderbob wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:43 am I'm lucky because I have a shop out back. I smoke there an tinker with guns and pipes.
Both by your post and your signature I can tell that you're a man after my own heart. ;)
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
slowroll
Founding Member

In my house, in my shop, on my deck, as the location dictates whenever I want a smoke. Most of 'em in my breakfast room or living room after breakfast and dinner. Library later. Ashtrays with cork knockers in strategic locations all around the house, boxes of wooden matches alongside.
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
Maynard

I have a room down stairs,my fly tying equipment my books , old radio/phonograph pipes ,tobacco ,coffee pot and my dog first place I go to of a morning,last place I am before bed ,I'm very blessed to have had this escape for the last 30 years.