New Year's Resolutions

sisyphus
Person of Interest

this was a hard year for me that found me smoking cigarettes and drinking Diet Coke again for the first time in years.

My New Year's resolution is to give up both of those bad habits and get back to enjoying this hoard of pipe tobacco I'm sitting on!
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I don't make hardcore resolutions, but in 2019 I plan to pay more attention to my physical and spiritual health.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

I resolved not to make any New Year's resolutions years ago.

So far, so good!
ever forward
Tsal
Forum Decorum

My pipe smoking resolution is to smoke all the stuff I have which is not much before buying more.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Smoking, more often than not, is also the only quiet and alone time I get in a house with a wife and three kids. Consequently my smoking time, as odd as it may sound(or not), has also become my primary time of reflection and prayer. That said, I resolve to smoke more and perhaps pray more frequently.. and hope that the Big Man doesn't mind me burning a little of his creation while we talk about my day. I like to think of it as a burnt offering with a pleasing aroma.. :)
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I hope to not allow young women to use my body like an amusmernt park . It won't be easy but I plan on doing my best .

This past year i resolved to trim down , which I did . Next year id like to be cigarette free .

I'd like to drink more whiskey , smoke more pipes and work less
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Middle Earth

"I'd like to drink more... , smoke more pipes and work less"
Wine and beer
Otherwise, perfect
Middle Earth

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:33 am My pipe smoking resolution is to smoke all the stuff I have which is not much before buying more.
I accidently made that an impossibility.
Something to be said for smoke as you go. I am too OCD/neurotic to do that.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Middle Earth wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:18 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:33 am My pipe smoking resolution is to smoke all the stuff I have which is not much before buying more.
I accidently made that an impossibility.
Something to be said for smoke as you go. I am too OCD/neurotic to do that.
At one point in time I had about 40 jars full of stuff which was way too many options for me. Now I'm happy with my five or so blends, it makes life so much easier.
The Troll Whisperer