Stuck Pipe - Help?

zkeeper

Kind sirs: Well as it happens I have a fine large Savinelli Apple bowl that has not been smoked for some months. The tenon, at end of mouthpiece is stuck fast like a '36 Ford in Minnesota mud, to/in the mortise end, or shank end.

I have tried everything, even soft tipped large pliers, also moving side to side carefully, etc. I do not wish to snap this lovely into two pieces. Could probably give it to a 4 year old and it would apart in two minutes, but none of those around. Any counsel? Thank you to anyone who can solve this. :bow:
"On land or sea, at home abroad, I smoke my pipe and worship God." J. S. Bach
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Throw the pipe in the freezer for a few hours and then give it a shot.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

houtenziel wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:53 pm Throw the pipe in the freezer for a few hours and then give it a shot.
+1

This has worked for me in the past.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
slowroll
Founding Member

Yep, if the freezer trick doesn't work, there ain't any other non destructive approach.
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I'm going with the freezer technique. It's worked for me. Give it a nice crank when your good and ready, but only twist the stem don't counter twist the stummel.
The Troll Whisperer
unregistered1

I'm curious to find out if zkeeper put his pipe in the freezer and, if he did, if it worked, hopefully for him.
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
zkeeper

Thanks everyone...just got home, as its Sunday and out for lunch with dear wife. It's freezer time today...will keep you posted.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I think maybe a pipe incantation is needed ..

Place pipe In freezer for 4 hours . Remove pipe from freezer and before you attempt to losen the stem .... repeat this 3 times ...

Gooper , Carbon , Spit snipe
Loosen up my freaking pipe

It should do the trick . If not , more serious sheet talking is needed ...

Repeat this once ..

Though it's no fault , the pit you ain't tell 'n
I'm gonna break your freakin tenon
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
zkeeper

Morning Kind Sirs...Happy New's Eve...and am happy to report after the incantations LOL..very creative BTW, and 4 hours in freezer that rascal just part like sad friends at a sailing for Europe. Viola...came apart smooth and clean. Smoking it now with delight, actually with Haddos Delight. Thank you so much all...will remember this on for sure. Bests and blessings tonight and into New Year. :clap:
unregistered1

zkeeper wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:56 am Morning Kind Sirs...Happy New's Eve...and am happy to report after the incantations LOL..very creative BTW, and 4 hours in freezer that rascal just part like sad friends at a sailing for Europe. Viola...came apart smooth and clean. Smoking it now with delight, actually with Haddos Delight. Thank you so much all...will remember this on for sure. Bests and blessings tonight and into New Year. :clap:
Awesome! :clap:
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa