What Are You Smoking January 2019

Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

ncrobb wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:22 am
Islayphile wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:14 am Posting a little early but I’ll be starting off the new year with GAF in a MM straight Twain.
“GAF” - haven’t heard that in a while. I’m partial to the Dark Flake.
I couldn't stop laughing when I first read that on the old forum....it needs to be brought back.

Hopefully someone picks it up again...I only have a few tins left
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Happy New Year, everyone! Wishing you and yours the best in the year ahead. :king: Me? I slept soundly thorough the night, and awoke in health and safety, Dear Sweetie by my side. So far, so good. :D

I'm on the porch, reading...and enjoying a bowl of SWRA in this Yorkshire Canadian. Hot, black, breakfast blend coffee on the side.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
ncrobb
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:24 am PA in the Roma. It's about 29 outside right now, frost covered and dead silent since everyone in my neighborhood was apparently partying all night. I swear I heard some bursts of celebratory gunfire.. :D
The idiots all around me (the NC house is in the country) decided to break the law by shooting all night instead of driving to SC and buying fireworks & illegally setting them off like normal people. About 1am I got up to go pop off a few full house 480 Ruger loads to establish dominance but seeing blue lights patrolling I thought better of it.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
colorduke

Carter Hall in a Dr G Omega.
Doctor Willet

I hope you all had a good year and a safe, healthy, and enjoyable holiday season. Now comes the real winter!
I'm starting 2019 off on the right foot with a bowl from a four-year-old batch of McClelland No.24 "Matured Virginia", sort of as a way of saying goodbye. Although my experience with McClelland is quite limited compared to some of you folks who smoked it for years, I still managed to smoke just shy of twenty different blends of theirs, and No.24 is possibly my favorite - that and Beacon. And though I may not have smoked as much McClelland as some of you long-time pipers, I will miss them just as much. The husband and wife team that was Mr. and Mrs. McClelland was unlike any the industry had ever seen; a truly extraordinary duo of die-hard blending enthusiasts making blends for pipers, by pipers. So here's my salute to them.
I realize this jar's cap looks iffy, but rest assured, the seal is fit as a fiddle:
Anyways, here goes one bowl I've been saving for a while, and will be saving the rest of this gold for a long time to come; two bowls a year until it's history. I'm using my new Radice so it'll have the memory of at least one legendary blend's essence tattooed into it's chamber carbon and oils in its channel.
Happy New Year Everyone!
And miles to go before I sleep.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Almost done with Carter Hall in the Riviera pot

It seems that today is something like a national holiday. Banks and the PO are closed.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Smoking Condor long cut in a clay that was previously owned by Old Ted. I've had this pipe for a few years and I only smoke Condor in it because that's what he smoked. Almost time to refill the kettle.
Last edited by Tsal on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:36 am Happy New Year, everyone! Wishing you and yours the best in the year ahead. :king: Me? I slept soundly thorough the night, and awoke in health and safety, Dear Sweetie by my side. So far, so good. :D

I'm on the porch, reading...and enjoying a bowl of SWRA in this Yorkshire Canadian. Hot, black, breakfast blend coffee on the side.
And another of the same. I like me some SWRA!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
zkeeper

C&D Riverboat Gambler in a bent Sav with P lip. Great morning here in the Midwest. BTW..have tried to sent pics...went to the subforum and alas nothing. Must figure this out. Blessings to all in the forum...
"On land or sea, at home abroad, I smoke my pipe and worship God." J. S. Bach
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

PS Amsterdam in an '83 Dunhill

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017