Birth year vehicles

unregistered1

1965 Lincoln Continental. That's my bag, baby.
But it ain't mine. One day, hopefully.

'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Lord Guyrox wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:06 pm 1965 Lincoln Continental. That's my bag, baby.
But it ain't mine. One day, hopefully.

Good Year and Very Nice !
rekamepip
Codger in Training

I'd have to go 65 Nova SS

but currently sporting a rusty ole honda till my bank roll allows such
:cry:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:31 am Gonna have to run with the 71 AMC Javelin on this one.
Oh man , I loved thst car!! The drivers seat was like in a cockpit with the way the dash kinda came around . The closest I ever got to owing one was owing an AMC Matador , which looked kinda like a cutless . I called it my ride and glide
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Ah,... the days when cars weren't 80% plastic!!! ;) 1967
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:09 pm Lets face it.. the 80's really didn't bring much good to the world. Weird clothes, weirder music, and similar atrocities of the automobile variety. So, I will just post my first car, which consequently was also my birth year.

1983 VW Scirocco
Man that is sooo true! I was in high school during the early to mid 80's and all my favorite bands were 60s-70's bands (how did we go from Led Zepplin and Aerosmith to The Talking Heads and Devo practically over night!?!? :roll: ), my favorite cars were 60s-70s models and then there were the clothes of the 80's... don't get me started on the clothes...LOL! :lol: At the old age of 18 I already felt left behind! :(
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

oldbill wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:27 am
houtenziel wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:09 pm Lets face it.. the 80's really didn't bring much good to the world. Weird clothes, weirder music, and similar atrocities of the automobile variety. So, I will just post my first car, which consequently was also my birth year.

1983 VW Scirocco
Man that is sooo true! I was in high school during the early to mid 80's and all my favorite bands were 60s-70's bands (how did we go from Led Zepplin and Aerosmith to The Talking Heads and Devo practically over night!?!? :roll: ), my favorite cars were 60s-70s models and then there were the clothes of the 80's... don't get me started on the clothes...LOL! :lol: At the old age of 18 I already felt left behind! :(
As I always tell people when they say I am an "old soul" who has no tolerance for all the "Millennial Malarkey".. I have always felt like I was born in the right place, at the wrong time. Oh and also.. spandex is a privilege, not a right.. and yes, sadly that goes for both sexes nowadays. I miss when skinny jeans were something that only the band members of the Ramones wore... but I digress.. :cry:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
ncrobb
Founding Member

I’ve been a Harley guy my whole life. For the first time since I was 19 I don’t own one after selling my FXR this past July. So I’d be in for a 1967 Shovel. I love the unrestored look.

For a car.....the ‘67 Hemi GTX.

“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Doctor Willet

Im quite sure you guys can guess by these cars that I'm pretty young, and aside from most of the 80's cars being total junk, there were a few exceptions. These are my personal favorites. Definitely make sure to put a set of jumper cables in the trunk of that Jag though, haha!
Jaguar XJ-SC (V12) - Very James Bond / Hipster businessman
Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - Once considered the pinnacle of American luxury, now more of a downtown special, complete with hydraulics and a $20K stereo, hahaha!
WIhat can i say? I love luxury sedans, and yep, I'm a ripe 31 years old.
And miles to go before I sleep.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Doctor Willet wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:38 am Im quite sure you guys can guess by these cars that I'm pretty young, and aside from most of the 80's cars being total junk, there were a few exceptions. These are my personal favorites. Definitely make sure to put a set of jumper cables in the trunk of that Jag though, haha!
Jaguar XJ-SC (V12) - Very James Bond / Hipster businessman
Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - Once considered the pinnacle of American luxury, now more of a downtown special, complete with hydraulics and a $20K stereo, hahaha!
WIhat can i say? I love luxury sedans, and yep, I'm a ripe 31 years old.
Oh thank goodness there is someone younger than I am. At least there will be one person I can look down my nose at with my extra 4 years of life experience. :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt