Waaaaaaait for it .... belt buckles . I swear to God , man

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Whalehead King wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:31 pm I'm going to be dressed as a monk in a parade on Sunday (welcome to New Orleans). I'd show you my belt buckle but it's just a knot in a rope.
Plenty of ways to fancy up a rope knot
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

I’m going to have to dig out some of my older buckles.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:31 pm I'm going to be dressed as a monk in a parade on Sunday (welcome to New Orleans). I'd show you my belt buckle but it's just a knot in a rope.
That would be a cincture.

http://www.almy.com/UI/Hotspots/Docs/Cincture.pdf
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Just gonna put this here in case anyone else was wondering what WK in monk form would look like.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

houtenziel wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:35 pm Just gonna put this here in case anyone else was wondering what WK in monk form would look like.
The cigar is the icing on the cake.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:38 pm
houtenziel wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:35 pm Just gonna put this here in case anyone else was wondering what WK in monk form would look like.
I tried it without, but I found he appeared in a much greater state of holy peace with the cigar. :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

houtenziel wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:40 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:38 pm
I tried it without, but I found he appeared in a much greater state of holy peace with the cigar. :D
I'm going back to my cell now. I have manuscripts to copy. :thumbs:
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Pics or it didn't happen.

The photoshop version above is good but not good enough!
ever forward
Whalehead King

arturo7 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:43 pm
Pics or it didn't happen.

The photoshop version above is good but not good enough!
I'll have Mrs. King take a picture on parade day. We're members of The Krewe de Jeanne d'Arc. I don't have a pocket in my robe for my phone so if I forget when we leave the house, it still happened. Someone will capture us in video:

We've been proud members of the Krewe of Joan of Arc for seven years now, ushering in the Mardi Gras season.
Whalehead King

The problem with these videos is that they only capture the teensiest part of what it is like to experience this parade, either as a krewe member or as an onlooker. Everyone is a participant. I remember when this episode happened. I may be in this video. I'm a monk in a black robe. Mrs. King is a monk in a red robe, if you see either of us. This is the point where the French Consul toasts the krewe as we make our way through the French Quarter and celebrate St. Joan of Arc's birthday. Beginning of Mardi Gras and a newish tradition that is going strong for 12 years this year. Culture grows and blooms in New Orleans and we are proud to be a part of it.

Hey doll, howyadoin?

What's this have to with belt buckles? Nothing, except that I found my monk robe's belt today. Don;'t get too excited, it's just a black piece of rope. I'm a black monk, nothing showy. I don't go in for ostentatious cinctures.

Have a great Twelfth Night, everyone. That's January 6 to you. In New Orleans, it's a real holiday. The bars will be full because everyone will be out celebrating Twelfth Night and it is the first day of Mardi Gras season. Two parades roll tomorrow night. We'll be eating King Cake after tomorrow until Mardi Gras Day.

Laissez les bon temps roulez! Keep your belt secure.