Latest Tobacco Purchase 2019

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:40 pm Might be a lean year here purchase wise so I took advantage of some sales and coupons to grab a few things at discount. Pound of HH Burley Flake, tub of Granger, and 500g Grasmere. Looking forward to finally trying Burley Flake.
"Trying Burley Flake" = buying a pound.

I like your style.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:59 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:40 pm Might be a lean year here purchase wise so I took advantage of some sales and coupons to grab a few things at discount. Pound of HH Burley Flake, tub of Granger, and 500g Grasmere. Looking forward to finally trying Burley Flake.
"Trying Burley Flake" = buying a pound.

I like your style.
Thanks, Tom. It is de rigueur around here, one day I'll ante up to the five pound samples.

Here are the arrivals

Tsal
Forum Decorum

The Troll Whisperer
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:45 pm Image
That Half & Half is great tasting stuff, but it's one of the few tobaccos that bite me every time. I still light it up once in awhile. ;)
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Longshanks wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:10 pm
That Half & Half is great tasting stuff, but it's one of the few tobaccos that bite me every time. I still light it up once in awhile. ;)
I haven't smoked this stuff in years and it reminds me of my dad, he used to smoke it. I get no bite. They need to put nicotine in it though.
The Troll Whisperer
avid

bummer, and it says right on the bottom of the pouch, "COOL SMOKING"
insufferable filter guy
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:35 pm
I haven't smoked this stuff in years and it reminds me of my dad, he used to smoke it. I get no bite. They need to put nicotine in it though.
Yep, light on Vit N which is why I figured it for a good daily. I've tried different pipes and smoking methods, didn't matter much. The 1st bowl, not so much bite. 2nd bowl let me know I'd been bit. I'd grab a drink and 3rd bowl would put me out of pipe-smoking commission for the day. I can smoke Carter Hall (or Prince Albert) all day long without bite. But I really like the coconutty flavor of H&H so it kinda bums me out.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Longshanks wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:07 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:35 pm

Yep, light on Vit N which is why I figured it for a good daily. I've tried different pipes and smoking methods, didn't matter much. The 1st bowl, not so much bite. 2nd bowl let me know I'd been bit. I'd grab a drink and 3rd bowl would put me out of pipe-smoking commission for the day. I can smoke Carter Hall (or Prince Albert) all day long without bite. But I really like the coconutty flavor of H&H so it kinda bums me out.
For me once a blend starts biting I stop smoking it, drinking something will only make it worse, it's like salting a wound especially drinks that are carbonated or acidic like coffee.
The Troll Whisperer
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Longshanks wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:07 pmBut I really like the coconutty flavor of H&H so it kinda bums me out.
You've tried Burley Light Without Bite? Different but has a coconut note to me and it allegedly is without bite. A little, or a lot, of Perique is great with it, makes it like chocolate. Also very little nicotine, wish there were more.
avid

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:32 pm For me once a blend starts biting I stop smoking it, drinking something will only make it worse, it's like salting a wound especially drinks that are carbonated or acidic like coffee.
there's worse things

insufferable filter guy